It's Friday and it's boring. :( - page 7

paukas:
They're lying, Minherz. By golly, they're lying.

You think they're hiding it? :)

I can't even think of a way to use the trend.

OnGoing: All a trader has are just two constants - up and down. To buy and to sell. Nothing else)

Do not confuse with roulette - red and black, in the market not only buy in time, but also sell (close position) the broker must also be in time.

SZZY: I used to pay much attention to accurate entry, I got, as I believe, good results, but the trouble is, timely exits from the market, probably more important than entry

It's scary to go against a trend, in case it reverses instead of rebounding. Most people go against the trend and lose. In other words, no one knows where this trend is, which means that we cannot trade by it.

Azzx:

Do you think they're hiding it? :)

I can't even imagine a way to use a trend.

They don't take advantage of the trend in your IMHO.

But in common use, they do.

OnGoing:

It's scary to go against a trend, in case it reverses instead of rebounding. Most people go against the trend and lose. In other words, no one knows where this trend is, which means that we cannot trade by it.

From. 100% agree. I don't know either. I know where the movement is, but I don't know where the trend is.

paukas:

They don't use the trend in your IMHO.

But in the mainstream, they do.

Yeah. Trouble is, you and I have different ideas about "common". :)

Azzx:

Uh-huh. The only trouble is that you and I have different ideas about "common". :)

Let's think logically.

1. You do not have the same idea as the common one

2. My view is the same as the conventional one.

Hence:

You and I have different ideas. That's true.

But the trouble doesn't follow from that. It may or may not be true. It's not proven.

paukas:

Let's think logically.

1. You do not have the same idea as the common one

2. My view is the same as the conventional one.

It follows from this:

You and I have different ideas. It is true.

In defence of "my" conventional wisdom, I can, for example, quote from a book by Michael Covell, where he also quotes someone... It would take a long time to find it, though. So, at least I am not alone - there are many of us. :-D

So which one of us has the conventional wisdom to match is an ambiguous question, to say the least.

Azzx:

From. 100% agree. I don't know either. I know where the movement is, but I don't know where the trend is.
Where there is momentum, as a rule, you can see it afterwards... which is of little use...

OnGoing:
Where the traffic is, you can usually see it afterwards... which is of little use...

It's where there WAS movement that you can see afterwards. It's where the action MAY be that you can see quite nicely.

If I knew exactly where the action would be, that would be the grail, imho.