Is any prediction doomed? - page 26

Tantrik:
So he (the people) have none :((((
I mean the short circuit. What you say is a direct consequence :)

HideYourRichess:
Curve-fixing is a natural failure, sooner or later.

Maybe you will, maybe you won't.

In order to do it, you must detect a pattern in the market and build a TS that will, based on this pattern, produce predictions of price dynamics. And then you have to apply this procedure or not.

Tantrik:
As long as the trend is there, trade.

The end-of-trend rule should also be statistically verified. And this is statistics of a somewhat different level than individual trades of a system for example. I.e. you have to correctly put statistical studies and interpret the results before you take a trade :)

FAGOTT:

Maybe plum, maybe not.

In order to do it, you have to detect a pattern in the market and build a TS, which will give predictions of price dynamics on the basis of this pattern. And then you have to apply this procedure or not.

My faith in human reasonableness is about to be shaken. :)

I guess you don't know any other ways to search for regularities, besides looking through some numbers on the screen. When you get a drone with ticks you make a noise which is close to random, you will scalp on it.

I've been looking for an appropriate comparison, it turns out it's nothing new, such an attitude to the subject. Just think of those same mathematicians who practice "pure mathematics". They are not interested in solving practical problems, they are interested in juggling with Greek symbols and roots.

"Pure trading" - here is the screen, here is the price, here are my favourite indicators, and here is my faith - apparently from the same field. What is behind the price, what forces are driving it and where it is going is a despicable, unworthy subject.

HideYourRichess:

"Pure trading" - here is the screen, here is the price, here are my favourite indicators, and here is my faith - apparently from the same field. What's behind the price, what forces are driving it and where it's going is a despicable, unworthy subject.

Yeah. That's what I thought. TA. And Soros, the idiot piece of shit, was doing FA - what an idiot! He should have had faith + favourite indicators = mega-super-trillions. The main thing is that indicators should be beloved. And the love was mutual.

HideYourRichess:

My faith in human reasonableness is about to be shaken. :)

Let it fall at all.

The general question remains - all indicators that I know give forecasts of price movements. That is, they show increase or decrease of the price of a financial asset. There are no indicators that give only and only correct signals, therefore this estimation of the future has a probabilistic nature.

But you specify that you do not use prediction. So how so? А?

One of you two is lying - either you or yourself.

FAGOTT:
Yeah. (chuckles) That's what I thought. TA. And Soros, that idiot piece of shit, was doing FA - what an idiot! He should have had faith + favourite indicators = mega-super-trillions. The main thing is that indicators should be beloved. And the love was mutual.
You are periodically interpreting my writing in exactly the opposite way. "Pure trading" - that's you. :)

FAGOTT:

The general question remains - all indicators that I know give a forecast of price movements. That is, they indicate whether the price of a financial asset will rise or fall. And because there are no indicators that give only and exclusively correct signals, therefore this estimation of the future has a probabilistic nature.

Indicators do not indicate anything, except for those delusions that people attribute to them and the beliefs they put in them. A 50/50 prediction of movement is not valid.

HideYourRichess:
You periodically interpret my writing in exactly the opposite way. "Pure trading" is about you. :)

What's with the forecasting?

HideYourRichess:
Indicators do not indicate anything, other than the misconceptions people attribute to them. The 50/50 movement forecast is not valid.

Where did it say 50/50? Where did you get that from?