[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 6: August 2011) - page 140

Evgen157:

What does it mean to ban short positions for 15 days in Europe?

Inability to participate in speculative trades, to participants who do not hold shares - who want to short them... (heh, I have just arrived from the seas and the situation has not changed much)

Australian 12.08 (would have been very easy to grow and grow...)

solar:
Inability to participate in speculative deals, for participants who do not hold shares - who want to short them... (heh, and I just arrived from the seas, I see that the situation has not changed much)

That's a shame... it means that on monday the volatility at the euro session will fall (((.

IgorM:

I thought I was the only one who didn't get the Grail :)

ZS: I still can not find time to analyze why some TCs work for 2 months, apparently it is 1/2 of the quarter

I think to finally clarify this situation, apparently in a separate branch, each could specify what periods fall out of his TC, say, first of this year, and then try to organize the information obtained and try to analyze. I too have noticed that my TS also has about a 2-3 month period of continuous drains and rises, all other things being equal. I will now try to highlight these areas by the numbers of the month and report back here. Others might also do the same. Let's see what pattern emerges and if at all. In the past I did not pay attention to it, sinning on my system, but when everyone is talking about it, I guess I need to analyze the situation, maybe we will find something out.

Maybe you're just trying to predict rain in winter and snow in summer? :))) Although it does happen! ;))

MaxZ:
Maybe you're just trying to predict rain in winter and snow in summer? :))) Although it does happen! ;))
Oddly enough, it works out that way sometimes. There are forces pushing snow in the summer.

yosuf: I think to finally clarify this situation, probably in a separate branch, everyone could indicate which periods fall out of his TS
Yusuf! My hat is off to you - this is exactly what you said, the main task of automated trading is to determine (or develop a way to determine) those periods when the TS does not work and not to fit them to historical data. That is, I'm talking about filtering signals for the TS

Is it definitely Friday? Or is it a holiday? Quotes on EURUSD have stopped, a channel of 3 pips on M1 - wow!

lekhach:
Is it definitely Friday? Or is it a holiday? Quotes on EURUSD have stopped, a channel of 3 pips on M1 - wow!

Short day!

SJS:

nzdchf closed

let's see what the austral stands in a prenatal pose ))))

The franc is intervening.