[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 625

evillive:

May I ask whyyou need to "normalize to 4 or 2 digits" (if you have 5-digit quotes)?(if quotes are in 5 digits)"? 5 and 3 digits should work as well...

There are a lot of small gaps in 5 digit quotes, I'm afraid the price might jump... I don't want to miss an entry.

By the way, if I remove pip from the code, the orders still do not open :(

How much will it cost to attach an alert to a simple TS of two indicators?

alsu:
Your iTime function takes the i-th bar from a file (for each tamframe separately) in the tester\history folder, perhaps the history files for D1 and H1, where the last bar corresponds to January 13, are lying there from some old run.
What should I do? I seem to update the history systematically.

MarkTrade:

Good afternoon.

Can you tell me why this code is not trading?

And the alert doesn't work.

The log is completely silent...

In the screenshot you can see the coincidence of conditions.

The screenshot is a five-digit chart. With a slippage like yours

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,0.1,Bid,2,Ask+SL*pip*Digits,Ask-TP*pip*Digits,0,0,0,CLR_NONE);

the order will open, but you need to wait for the entry conditions to coincide and most importantly - the market will be very calm.

-----

The alert will be triggered, but on a five-digit level

if (NormalizeDouble(Bid, Digits*pip)==NormalizeDouble(ma, Digits*pip)) Alert("!!!!!!!!!!!");

you need to wait, about two years, when there will be an exact match - the price likes to jump, jump around, and you want it to be exact to the 5th digit

alsu:
If using MQL, then only inside the experts\files folder

Yes, the file to be copied is inside experts\files.

How can it be copied using MQL4?

zxc:

The screenshot is a five-digit chart. At a slippage like yours

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,0.1,Bid,2,Ask+SL*pip*Digits,Ask-TP*pip*Digits,0,0,CLR_NONE);

the order will open, but you need to wait for the entry conditions to coincide and most importantly - the market will be very calm.

-----

The alert will be triggered, but on a five-digit level

if (NormalizeDouble(Bid, Digits*pip)==NormalizeDouble(ma, Digits*pip)) Alert("!!!!!!!!!!!");

you need to wait, about two years, when the price will be exact - after all, the price likes to jump, leapfrog, and you want it to be exact to the 5th digit.

For this purpose I normalize it to 4 digits.

What does this have to do with slippage? If there were requotes in the log, yes.

This screenshot shows the exact correspondence and the journal did not even try to open the order.

MarkTrade:

That's why I normalise to four digits.

What does this have to do with slippage? If there were requotes in the log, then yes.

The screenshot shows the exact match, while the log did not even try to open an order.

You are normalizing incorrectly. If you want to normalize to 4 digits, write NormalizeDouble(...,4) - read again what the second parameter means: number of decimal places. Multiply 3 or 5 by 10 as you do - you will get 30 or 50 digits, but not 4.

MarkTrade:

That's why I normalise to four digits.

What does slippage have to do with it? If there were requotes in the log, then yes.

The screenshot shows the exact match, while the log did not even try to open an order.

Does this account type allow orders to be opened at once with stops?

atztek:

Yes, the file to be copied is inside experts\files.

How can it be copied using MQL4 tools?

There is no file copying function as such. But it is possible, for example, like this:

//копирует src в dest
void CopyFile(string dest, string src )
{
   int handle1,handle2;
   handle1=FileOpen(src ,FILE_BIN|FILE_WRITE);
   handle2=FileOpen(dest,FILE_BIN|FILE_READ);
   FileSeek(handle1, 0, SEEK_END);
   FileSeek(handle2, 0, SEEK_SET);
   while(true)
   {
      string s=FileReadString(handle2,1);
      if(!FileIsEnding(handle2))
         FileWriteString(handle1,s,1);
      else break;  
   }
   FileClose(handle1);
   FileClose(handle2);
}

Fox_RM:
What do you need to do? I seem to update the history systematically.

Actually, it's some kind of bug, it shouldn't be in the tester...

Try messing with the history files, erase everything in the tester\history folder for starters...