Formalising common approaches to trading - page 19

Urain:
Why copy nonsense and take up a whole page, just give me a link.

Don't get hot, sorry, if anything.

If it's rubbish, the moderators will delete it.

sever31:

Don't get hot, excuse me if I do.

If it's nonsense the moderators will delete it.

No no, you don't have to delete anything, you can't cut it down with an axe, it's for history.

But if you think it's an important thing, justify it, and we'll try to break down your reasoning and something will be born out of the argument.

Well, in order not to be completely in opposition, I will describe a scheme of how to make such an approximate calculation:

We take the daily volume (of course trade volumes and real volumes are not the same, but there is a correlation) and divide by 4 trillion.

Get the unit price volume.

After that, we take the statistics of financial possibilities of any influential hedge fund, we obtain the idea of its opportunities in the forex market.

We take a section of the chart, where in our opinion, the manipulation was carried out and try to determine the actions of the parties.

All missing volumes come from the plankton.

To be honest, I once tried to do it with a chart.

To be honest, I've tried it before and that's why I concluded it was nonsense.

The market would rather be moved by some news than manipulated by trading strategies.

Urain:

Well, in order not to be completely in opposition, I will describe a scheme of how to make such an approximate calculation:

We take the daily volume (of course trade volumes and real volumes are not the same, but there is a correlation) and divide by 4 trillion.

Get the price per unit volume.

After that, we take the statistics of financial possibilities of any influential hedge fund, we obtain the idea of its opportunities in the forex market.

We take a section of the chart, where in our opinion, the manipulation was carried out and try to determine the actions of the parties.

All missing volumes come from the plankton.

Try to chart even one situation according to this scheme.

Honestly, I've tried that before, so I've come to the conclusion that it's bullshit.

The market is more likely to be moved by some news than by manipulations using trading strategies.

it's just that all your plankton don't weigh more than 3%....100 million jerks, at this rate) don't weigh anything

( and any hedge... God forgive him... where are we going... he's capable of moving 50 percent... we've been there before... :-)))

Urain:

The market is more likely to be moved by some news than by the manipulation of trading strategies.

"Ideas become power when they take over the minds of the masses" - so is it the crowd with panic and/or excitement?

I soberly estimate my level of knowledge regarding the work of the so-called "monsters", but this does not prevent me from being interested in information similar to that posted on the previous pages and, moreover, create, even in my critical opinion, a good trading system, including one based on several of "those" techniques.

The only question I have, personally, is "man-made" nature of these patterns.

sever31:

I soberly estimate my level of knowledge concerning the work of so-called "monsters", but it does not prevent me from being interested in information similar to that which I posted on the previous pages and, moreover, from creating, even in my critical opinion, a good trading system, including one based on several of "those" techniques.

The only question I have, personally, is "man-made" nature of these patterns.

I am sober about my level of knowledge about the work of so-called "monsters", but that does not prevent me from taking an interest in information such as that posted on previous pages.

This is exactly the thing you can catch a fish on. Crowd psychology is a very inertial thing and if the crowd acted the same way in the past situation, they are likely to act the same way now, which cannot be said about manipulators, whose actions are impossible to calculate.

Urain:

Patterns are drawn by the psychology of the crowd rather than by the manipulation of it.

This is exactly the thing you can fish on. If the crowd psychology is an inertial thing and if it acted the same way in the previous situation it is more likely to act the same way now, what cannot be said about manipulators, it is impossible to calculate their actions.

If you believe that those manipulations (no matter who is responsible for them) are typical price chart segments, where most market participants are losing, because the logic of price behavior is opposed to profitable trading by an average person with his trading psychology, fear and greed. it describes why and where and in my opinion quite successfully.

So these nasty patterns need to be taken apart piece by piece. they need to be formalised, brought into a mathematical, dynamically changing model of price behaviour. they need to be programmed, automatically recognise it on the chart, its hybrids, collect statistics on it. i think we can see a lot of interesting things.

I don't know why, but we are using head/shoulders and wedge with harami, of course we can't smoke with such armament).

sever31:

If you agree that those manipulations (from whomever they come) are characteristic areas of the price chart at which most market participants plummet, because the logic of price behavior is countered by profitable trading average man with his trading psychology, fear and greed. shortly, in these patterns, we plummet ... it describes why and where and in my opinion quite successfully.

It means that these nasty patterns need to be taken apart piece by piece. they need to be formalised, brought into a mathematical, dynamically changing model of price behaviour. they need to be programmed, automatically recognise them on the chart and their hybrids, and collect statistics on them.

I don't know why, but we are using head/shoulders and wedge with harami, of course we can't smoke with such armament).

These patterns are not "ugly" at all, but the sweetest in terms of earning potential.

Uncle Elder is right!

(excuse me for cutting into the dialogue).

sever31:

If you agree that those manipulations (no matter who is responsible for them) are typical price chart segments, where most market participants are losing, because the logic of price behavior is opposed to profitable trading by an average person with his trading psychology, fear and greed. it describes why and where and in my opinion quite successfully.

If you try to formalize these very patterns, then you don't have the information you need, reliable statistics, and the "nasty patterns" obviously have statistics.

If you try to formalise these very patterns of manipulation then you don't have the necessary information, reliable statistics, while the "nasty" patterns obviously have statistics.

So what should be implemented? What is not even a concept or what has a base?