FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Episode 5: July 2011) - page 5

margaret:
Thank you! I'm tired of proving today "I'm not an elephant" .... How else to call it when I can scroll (open and close with 0-100 pips profit) up to 200 lots in one day?

intraday - intraday trading.

:-)

margaret:
Thanks! Because I'm already tired today to prove "What I'm not an elephant" ..... What else can you call it when I can scroll (open and close with 0-100 pips profit) up to 200 lots in one day?

That's fine. But technically MUCH of them are drawing the prospect of a rise to 1.46 with little and that's understandable due to the allocation of money to Greece. And what is FUDAMENTAL about a 150-200 pips drop before a further rise? ;)

P.S. Pardon the spelling if wrong, it's my daughter's birthday today and I'm a little tipsy :)

93408:

That's fine. But technically MUCH is drawing the prospect of a rise to 1.46 and a bit and this is understandable due to the allocation of money to Greece. And what is FUDAMENTAL about a 150-200 pips drop before a further rise? ;)

FA is the foundation of the trade and TA is the continuation of it. First there is an inflow on the fundamentals - this is growth, then the course goes to stops, options, etc. and at these levels there is a pullback, the pullback is depending on the volume. At the moment, as far as I know, there were big closing on Friday (because of the fear of the IMF decision on Greece on Saturday). The decision on Saturday was in the plus direction for the Euro, which means it will continue to rise to the next levels. If the levels are large, the pullback is sure to be about 150-200 pints...

margaret:
FA is the basis of trading and TA is its continuation. First there is an inflow on the fundamentals, which is growth, then the rate goes to stops, options, etc. and then there is a pullback at these levels, a pullback depending on the volume. At the moment, as far as I know, there were big closing on Friday (because of the fear of the IMF decision on Greece on Saturday). The decision on Saturday was in the plus direction for the Euro, which means it will continue to rise to the next levels. If the levels are large, the pullback is sure to be about 150-200 pints...

Got it. Thanks :) Time will tell the rest ;)

margaret:
ФА - это основа торговли, а ТА - это её продолжение.

but the phrase "and if the levels are large, the pullback will obviously be 150-200 pts..." is of no practical value for trading..." what does it refer to: FA or TA?

IgorM:

but the phrase "and if the levels are large, the pullback will obviously be 150-200 pts..." is of no practical value for trading..." what does it refer to: FA or TA?

It's called "Fundamental levels".

strong offers on the way
intermediate offers
stops
strong offers
intraday highs Europe, Asia
option expiry
large option expiry
pullback area lows in Europe, Asian investor buying
intermediate demand / Thursday lows in Europe / USA
interim demand / stops
option expiry / option expiry
intermediate demand

IgorM:

but the phrase "and if the levels are large, the pullback will obviously be 150-200 pt..." is of no practical value for trading..." what does it refer to: FA or TA?

Not a question for me, but the alcohol in me keeps me quiet )))))))))

I think it refers to volumes ;) I.e. profit taking took place at a large level, which caused the price to fall to a solid volume below the start of the fall, which stopped the fall.

Martingeil:

short - a short position is called short because the stock is falling fast

long - a long position because the stock rises for a long time

I give up. If that's the way you like it, then think so.

Mathemat:
I give up. If that's the way you like it, then think so.

You can't give up ))))))))))

Short - selling.

Long - buy.

Otherwise we will stop understanding each other and will start writing that EUR-bucks pair is short from 1.4420 with the target 1.4470 and not because it is not down, but because it is a short-term deal;)

Mathemat:
I give up. If you like it that way, think of it that way.
What is a short?

Shorting is selling shares where you don't initially own the shares and they are borrowed from the broker (margin lending). That is, you sell the shares as if you had them, resulting in a negative number of shares. Then you buy them back, the balance becomes zero, the shares are automatically returned to the broker. One share borrowed, one share returned, irrespective of its price.

Not all shares may be shorted, but only those that the broker can provide as part of a margin loan. Usually these are a few of the most reliable and liquid stocks.

What are shorts for? To play a downside game.

5.4. How to play down the price?

If you expect the price to fall, you sell the stock in shorts. For instance, you sell 1 share at 10 rubles. You have 10 roubles in cash and minus one share. Suppose everything went as expected and the price fell to 9 rubles. You repurchase the share at 9 RUB, it is automatically returned to the broker, leaving you with 1 RUB in cash and zero shares. So you get a profit of 1 rouble.

5.5. What is a long?

A long is an ordinary purchase of shares to play up the price. That is, long and short are opposite positions. If you have a positive number of shares, you are longing, and if you have a negative number of shares, you are shorting. Those are the historical terms. Long (long position) to denote upside play, short (short position) to denote downside play.