Who has worked with price density(bars)? - page 8

VladislavVG:
Well, they are finally starting to think and try to figure it out. We are stuck with the thesis that the tick volume in the sense of the number of ticks per bar is not suitable for VSA, as if it cannot be used any other way.......
We are tired of thinking, Vladislav, and now you should also think about paraphrasing the well-known Sicilian saying - you always think that you have invented, and you have been invented. And for those who are interested - the tick volume has nothing to do with this idea, it's just an implementation of determining the relative liquidity by indirect signs. It is possible to gather it from the minute bars with less effort, and you can still do it if you think about it.

Yes, they even have a pdf of the textbook, I'll have to dig around in my computer.

USSR:
We are tired of thinking Vladislav, and now you should also think about paraphrasing the famous Sicilian proverb - you always think what you made up, but they made you up. And for those who are interested - the tick volume has nothing to do with this idea, it's just an implementation of determining the relative liquidity by indirect signs. It is possible to gather it from the minute bars with less effort, and you can still do it if you think about it.
Exactly right - it is indirect information, and is indirect information useless? By the way, I am collecting it from minute bars ....

"Exactly right - this is circumstantial information, and is circumstantial information useless?" is just a particular implementation of the definition of relative liquidity.

I can tell you straightforwardly, without your threefolds and on the fingers. Remember the earthquake in Japan, the yen skyrocketed --- there was an earthquake - the economy tanked - money became expensive because banks don't give out money, because payments don't go to them either --the yen IS NOT IN GENERAL, so it became more expensive then --- see if there is liquidity or not, and how the news affects this scheme, it is supposed to be the dumbest.

I'm not sure if anyone has written in this thread or not, but looking at the screenshots from the first page of the topic, you can see that the biggest peaks are nothing but close to the average price over a given time period in the past. Like, we look at what the average price was for the last hour, and, plot the density graph for the last 60 minutes.