Who has worked with price density(bars)? - page 4

On what basis is the "green" calculated?

olyakish:

I have drawn on a larger scale, it should fill in, what is on the chart is an incomplete bell.
We take 30 minutes and from the opening we draw a letter on the chart, one letter is 30 minutes, in 30 minutes the price can go up or down and thus draw one and the same letter.

goldtrader:
It looks nice, but imho it is the traded real volumes (VSA) on the levels that make more sense and matter, not how many times/time the price lingers on them. Take for example the flat day of any USA national holidays, when prices of all pairs practically stand still - the indicator will show the maximal density, but the value of this information is very doubtful.

No, it isn't. If the indicator is based on tick volumes and the price "stands" still, the tick bar volume will be very low. Take the overnight flat as an example. The price is really kind of trading in a range, the sum of volumes of all night bars will not be large, therefore the indicator will not show the formation of density.

philips:

On what basis is the "green" calculated?

is the analysed bars to the right of the specified range. That is sort of the future ones. (described in the explanations to the indicator in the first post)

C-4:

It isn't. If the indicator is based on tick volumes and the price "stands" still, the tick bar volume will be very low. Take the overnight flat as an example. The price is actually trading in a range, the sum of volumes of all night bars will not be large, hence the indicator will not show the formation of density.

yes, that's exactly what happened, the indicator kind of smoothed out all the sharp bulges.
bVolune=true/false parameter is responsible for this display

Temnyj:

Is it possible to build support/resistance levels based on the minimum and maximum values of the histogram (like on the drawing), but without drawing the histogram or with the choice of displaying it or not.

Of course, I also thought about it. I just can't figure out how to set them often? which "depths/heights" should be considered appropriate to set the line.... Anyway, there are a lot of questions so far, but I can make just a few settings for these settings.

The topic itself is not new. By the way, here is the article and indicators directly in mql5:

The Price Histogram Tool (Market Profile) and its Implementation in MQL5

the subject is really ancient.

The same author's realization in MQL4 https://c.mql4.com/messages/2009/12/MarketProfile_VirginpPOC.mq4 for daily ranges according to the theory.

But I don't really like the theory to which this histogram is attached.

Some people say that troughs in the histogram are support levels, others (like the ideologist of working with this histogram himself ) introduce the concept of "Control Points", i.e. the price of the maximal height of the histogram.

The approaches and interpretations are always dark and unclear.

sergeev:
Of course, I also thought about it. i just can't figure out how to place them often? what "depths/heights" should be considered appropriate to set the line.... in general there are a lot of questions so far, but i can make just a few settings for these settings. suggestion.

Depths and heights are probably better to do as for fractals, i.e. high/low is higher/lower than previous and next line (though Discret = 20 in my case), probably with b/m adjustment of one, two and three lines. And make the low lines solid, and the high lines dotted ( although better with customisation).

I chose a period on the chart and plotted the low b/m lines of one line on the "real" one and looked at how they behaved in the "future".

That's how it turned out.

Yes, the tits are cooler than the bell, but in the bell version, where do you get off?