Who has worked with price density(bars)? - page 3

I tried to explain this at the beginning :)

I was experimenting with this (similar) back in 2008.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/107908/page3

There is something in this branch.

Then I unwrapped MSSQL 2005 on my laptop, cut tables and pages, built a dll for tick stacking on Borland, I didn't manage to use three functions (connect, stack, disconnect), I tied it to one with authorization (with ADO), of course it was too slow mainly because of authorization at every stacking. Then I imported data into Excel and averaged them by levels, got nearly the diagram you see there and came to a conclusion that if the price is in a trough then at the histogram peak (more precisely some points -5-10 to set a limit order with a small stop behind the peak and then put a stop order above/below limit order). I gave up this idea further on. I was too lazy to develop it further.

sergeev:

(i.e. the dips on the bar chart are support and resistance lines for the future)

I don't understand why, please explain. Peaks as support and resistance levels make more sense to me.

We will not go into the exact definition of this concept, simply noting that most literature that deals with support and resistance levels says that for the vast majority of time, quotations fluctuate between these lines and cross them quite infrequently.

grell:
... oscillate between these lines and cross them quite rarely.

What kind of lines, high density or low density? Another question - is it worth it, isn't it easier to draw these same support/resistance lines yourself? As for the real volumes, perhaps it is worth it. But what about the tick ones?

ZZZEROXXX:

What kind of lines, high density or low density?

With low.

Another question - is it not worth the trouble to sketch these very support/resistance lines yourself? As for the real volumes, maybe it is worth it. But what about the tick ones?

If there are fish, it must be very deep...

We have a volume profile and a time profile.

The time and price profile was originally designed, i.e. the time the price spends in the price range and builds a bell.
Both on a minute and long time scale a bell shape has been drawn.
One of the setups that has the highest weights is breaking through the bell after the price has filled the bell and has left to find the price level where the other one will be built.

You have to build a bell that fills the price and wait for the breakout.

sergeev:

Good afternoon. I have an idea based on your indicator

Is it possible to build support/resistance levels on its basis by minimal and maximal values of histogram (like on the drawing) but without rendering of the histogram or with a choice to show it or not.

I apologise in advance if this is an outlier.

Digamma: