Who has worked with price density(bars)? - page 2

I tried to add not only volumes, but also a kind of linear "forgetting", so that older bars would contribute a bit less than fresh ones.

But so far I've decided not to play with coefficients, I don't see any theoretical basis for them...

Linear weighting will spoil the picture, and the volume is 50/50, as it has just the imaginary number of price touches.

I wanted to do the same thing, but out of inexperience I was afraid, too many nested cycles. I wanted to over-analyse the Hi-Low.

sergeev:

I would have been happy to add them (I originally wanted to do volumes)

but where can mt4 get them.... no.

I think they are useful indicators, and I think they are not only MQL4. In my opinion they are more useful indicators.

Is that the market profile? It looks very similar. If so, you have, I can advise you on it.

added Volume accounting to the bar. the picture has clearly smoothed out.

left one without Volume (as it was), the other with Volume.

Files:

sayfuji:
Is that a market profile? It looks very similar. If so, you have, I can advise you on it.

market profile has not seen

But advise me on how to analyse this histogram.

sayfuji:
Is it a market profile? It looks very similar. If so, you've done it, I can advise you.

That's right, the market profile only on real volumes. But you should not take a currency pair, because you cannot get real volumes for it, but a futures on it.

I have not met a normal indicator of market profile on REAL volumes.

Mm-hmm. the article is based on a single assumption. "for the vast majority of the time quotes fluctuate between support and resistance levels and cross them quite rarely" (i.e. the dips in the histogram are support and resistance lines for the future)