The fight against PYTHIA 8 has come down to a dumb formula... - page 6

I support StukovAlexStv. Enough (about) scientific rubbish, let's talk about mechanical trading systems, testing artegies and custom indicators on MetaTrader!!!

That is, on the subject of this forum.

StukovAlexStv:
I have noticed that threads here very often consist of two parts - well-educated and scientific trash at such a level that a graduate of an average business school understands 25% and practical experiments in building indicators and Expert Advisors with real-time testing and OoS method. So, the first type of communication is much more prevalent. Leaving the majority of practitioners out of the loop. I'm a programmer by education, and for me MQL is an open book ... Let's provide practical tasks or something, programmers will code and post the results... I don't know ))))

I see a lot of trader's talk here, too.

Look for this article - much closer to the topic - I'll tell you right now it didn't work out for me. I can tell you why

Therandomness and the trading system.

You cannot create a stably working trading system with optimizable parameters on a random sequence of prices. The solution is to create trading systems without parameters.

Yuri Chebotarev, Sergey Yashin

http://robot.zerich.ru/book/spekulant_10_2006.pdf

http://robot.zerich.ru/book/1x.pdf

StukovAlexStv:
I have noticed that threads here very often consist of two parts - well-educated and scientific trash at a level that a graduate from an average high school understands 25%, and practical experiments in building indicators and Expert Advisors with testing in the real world and using the OoS method. So, the first type of communication is much more prevalent. Leaving the majority of practitioners out of the loop. I'm a programmer by education, and for me MQL is an open book ... Let's provide practical tasks or something, programmers will code and post the results... I don't know ))))

To keep it that simple. Even the description of practical experiments usually does not include all the nuances, and some nuances are critical, I will not even talk about the rubbish.

I'm pretty sure that half of the visitors don't know what OOS is and half of the remaining don't really know what to do with it.

This thread is still pretty cool.

Nevertheless, the question remains open to the creator of the thread: what rules for using this formula (very strange) result in 80% prediction of subsequent movement?

Thank you.

YOUNGA:

I see a lot of trader's talk here, too.

Look for this article - much closer to the topic - I'll tell you right now it didn't work out for me. I can tell you why

Therandomness and the trading system.

It is impossible to create a stably working trading system with optimizable parameters on a random price sequence. The solution is to create trading systems without parameters.

Yuri Chebotarev, Sergey Yashin

http://robot.zerich.ru/book/spekulant_10_2006.pdf

http://robot.zerich.ru/book/1x.pdf

Thanks, interesting articles, but they are from 2006. In 5 years the science has gone far I think. And in the Forbes list none of the authors can be seen ( I was glad to see this thread, honestly! Because it's fresh. But in the end it looks like "if the previous candle is longer than the present one, then the next one will be opposite" )))))).

StukovAlexStv:

Thanks, interesting articles, but they are from 2006. In 5 years the science has gone far I think. And in Forbes list none of authors is observed ( I was glad to see this thread, honestly! Because it's fresh))) But in the end it looks like "if previous candle is longer than the present one, then future candle will be opposite" )))))).

In January 1886, Carl Benz has solemnly presented the first car in the world - three-wheeled Benz Patent Motor Car.

And they're still going strong.

It's not about freshness - it's more about interpreting

YOUNGA:

In January 1886, Carl Benz inaugurated the world's first car - the three-wheeled Benz Patent Motor Car.

and they still drive nothing.

It wasn't about freshness - it was more about interpreting

The interpretations of the ideas presented in the articles must be a dime a dozen by now, hmm?

StukovAlexStv:
I've noticed that threads here very often consist of two parts - well-educated and scientific trash talk of such a level that a graduate student understands 25%, and practical experiments in building indicators and Expert Advisors with testing in real life and using the OoS method. So, the first type of communication is much more prevalent. Leaving the majority of practitioners out of the loop. I'm a programmer by education, and for me MQL is an open book ... Let's provide practical tasks or something, programmers will code and post the results... I don't know ))))

That's right! I say we get on with it and start building fires. Time to fry those nerds' butts! (that's kind of a joke, in case anyone didn't get it) :o))))

PS: but generally do not get upset. i understand approximately (though not a physicist, but what a theorist :o) what the author is trying to do. You can not get upset, but in general - relax. And just enjoy the conversation between intelligent people. :о) I, for example, don't know what ultra-relativistic proton is and what? Do you think I sleep badly or it stops me from small talk? Not at all. But I must tell in confidence, the author does not know at all, what the field region of quantum neutrino is! There! :О)

Farnsworth:

That's right! I say we get on with it and start building fires. Time to fry those nerds' butts! (that's kind of a joke, in case anyone didn't get it) :o))))

PS: but generally do not get upset. i understand approximately (though not a physicist, but what a theorist :o) what the author is trying to do. You can not get upset, but in general - relax. And just enjoy the conversation between intelligent people. :о) I, for example, don't know what ultra-relativistic proton is and what? Do you think I sleep badly or it stops me from small talk? Not at all. But I must tell in confidence, the author does not know at all, what the field region of quantum neutrino is! There! :О)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The existence of three varieties of neutrinos, differing in quantum number "flavor", has been established. They correspond to three antineutrino varieties. The names of the different neutrinos derive from the names of their charged "partners" in the lepton group: the electron, the muon, and the tau lepton, whose rest masses, respectively, are 0.511 MeV, 106 MeV, and 1777 MeV...

SM does not violate, but it is also generally sucked out of thin air, based only on the expected and real solar neutrino flux data ...

i.e. on their long way neutrinos inevitably change "sex" and not once... but what mechanism is responsible for it, is probably known only

to local changes of a fine structure constant...:-)) or WIMP (weakly interacting heavy particles, which is also very questionable...) concentrations)

near concentrations of large masses of ordinary matter...(well of course dark matter if WIMPs are responsible for it after all...:-))

( and also, since oscillation in the absence of rest mass is impossible, our Olympian photon is left proudly alone...)

zoritch, why do you repeatedly ignore questions about specifying the use of the formula in the EA?

p.s. YOUNGA, thank you very much for the links, it is interesting to read.