The fight against PYTHIA 8 has come down to a dumb formula... - page 4

Stells:

what is SIGN in a formula ?

I suspect the function returns 1 if the argument is greater than zero, or 0 if less.

Farnsworth:
I suspect the function returns 1 if the argument is greater than zero, or 0 if less.
You've got to be kidding me - of course "sign".

YOUNGA:
you're kidding - of course it's a "sign".

Well, yes, yes, to be quite precise, 1 if >0, 0 if zero, and -1 if less than zero. :о)

This is theoretical. What we have got is this:

1 if the argument is positive

-1 if it is negative

- divide by zero if Open==Close.

Mathemat:

This is theoretical. What we have got is this:

1 if the argument is positive

-1 if it's negative.

- The queue is divide by zero if Open==Close.

You're all fine, I don't understand what you're all doing. :о)

But I can disappoint, no combination of OHLC calculations will work profitably (I'm hardly wrong). Here in general, you can't do without LHC. And there is a queue for it.

zoritch:

ABS(((High-Low)/(Open-Close))*(Vol*(Open-Close))/1000...

the meaning is not clear yet, but practically every following period works in 80% of cases...:-))

(divided by 1000 to get digits that are digestible and can be immediately covered by a glance)...

What is this...either the inertia of a spontaneous trend or something else...somehow everything is dumb...expected more...

Let's move on to field testing!

Here, sketched out an indicator using this formula. But it's not showing up on the graph.

If you don't mind, please correct it. Or suggest another code.

p.s. Yes, there is no SIGN function in the attached one... or any flags to replace it.

Cmu4:

Let's move on to field testing!

Here, sketched out an indicator using this formula. But something doesn't show up on the graph.

If you don't mind, please correct it. Or suggest another code.

p.s. Yes, there is no SIGN function in the attached one... or any flags to replace it.

Well, write it correctly, then it will show up.

PapaYozh:

Well, write it without errors, it will be displayed.

Thanks, CAP!

Take two:

"If you don't mind, correct it. Or suggest another code."

p.s. I tweaked the indicator a bit. I am just learning to program, don't judge severely.

Files:
pith_2.mq4  3 kb
pith_3_1.mq4  2 kb

bar1 = MathAbs(NormalizeDouble(High[1],Digits) - NormalizeDouble(Low[1],Digits)) * NormalizeDouble(Volume[1],Digits) * 10000;

if ((NormalizeDouble(Open[1],Digits) - NormalizeDouble(Close[1],Digits)) < 0) bar1 = -bar1;

if (MathAbs(bar1) < 0.5) bar1 = 0; frame up from 5 to 15 minits EURUSD... seekin' for the counter-wise third candle...oughtta be backwards...

Farnsworth:

You're all fine, I don't understand what you're all doing. :о)

But I can disappoint you, no combination of OHLC calculations will work profitably (I'm hardly much mistaken). Here in general, you can't do without LHC. And there is a queue for it.

do you have any other secret information...?...(unless you mean fundamental analysis and insider trading...?)

The entire fleet of developments works only on OHLCV...

(I, for example, am ill-informed about large pension funds entering the market...then just catch fish...:-))