A grid of pending STOP orders for the three pairs EUR/USD, EUR/JPY, USD/JPY - page 3

ratnasambhava:

It doesn't matter what something is called, the point doesn't change.

Besides, "smear it" or "don't "smear it", the point of entry will remain the same.

What about position?

;)

Figar0:
What are the opinions? All opinions on this are from a few years ago, there was a fashion for griders then.... In short, it is impossible to take over the market or anything else from the market with such an arrangement of orders. Just take my word for it right here and now - you will save yourself time, nerves and probably some money)

the fashion for griders can only be if there is a sustained trend

2007 was the year of the gridiron

gbpjpy was under a buy grid from february to june

step 30-50 pips

did not turn it off! since february (after the chinese fall of 2007 in february

before the first bump in the usa crisis june 2007)

the grid was simple

the buy limit was being set with a lot which let up to 10-15 orders with a step of 30-50 pips

as soon as the order closed at takei, an order was placed again at the point where it was already taken

then the grader crawled behind the price i.e. set new buy limits

and cleaned deep down

of course i could move it

but I was too lazy to write such an algorithm

the effect was great! before the first wave of mortgage crisis in the uSA, in 2007 it was the first swallow

And the position?

;)

I think the position is there as well ;)

INFINITEITH:

Good afternoon everyone! The other day I got interested in a STOP grid, namely in the following system:

A grid of STOPOVs (15 bays and 15 selves at a distance of 15 pips from each other) is thrown on three pairs: EUR/USD USD/JPY EUR/JPY.

Within a day (which is not necessary) the price moves in any direction and two pairs from three go in the profit, the total sum is positive.

I checked the past week - it has shown good daily profits. I think it should be determined by the RSI indicator on the charts.

H4, at min. and max.

I am waiting for your opinion

trendy work = YES to GRIDERS! 2007 for example

Look for the clearly trending pairs and there you may play with the gridiron.

in all other cases this averaging will lead to stop or mk

ratnasambhava:
I think the position is there too ;)

Yeah, right!

Do the math...

;)

YuraZ:

the fashion for griders can only be if there is a steady trend

2007 was the year of the gridiron

The grid was simple

the buy limit was set with a lot which let up to 10-15 orders with a step of 30-50 points

as soon as the order closed at takei, the order was placed again at the place where the buy had been

then the grid crawled up to the price and set new buy limits

Your grid worked in one direction simply by adding to the trend with the help of limiters. At the same time the trend and its direction were determined somehow. This is completely different than just throwing a net of stops in two directions and fishing, counting that now the price will rush somewhere? (Plus the limit order is much more "useful" than a stop order - I am deeply convinced:)) In your case, you didn't even need a grid - if you weren't too "lazy" you could have just pulled the Limit order up behind the price. You can't call it a grid at all... It is an element of MM, an element of TS, rather than a self-sufficient trading system.

Figar0:

Your grid worked in one direction simply by pouring in the trend using limiters. In doing so somehow the trend and its direction was determined. This is completely different than just throwing a net of stops in two directions and catching fish in the expectation that the price will move? (Plus a limit order is much more "useful" than a stop order - I am deeply convinced:)) In your case, you didn't even need a grid - if you weren't too "lazy" you could have just pulled the Limit order up behind the price. You can't call it a grid at all... It is an element of MM, an element of TS, rather than a self-sufficient trading system.

The gridder didn't determine anything - it was a semi-automatic

its job was to place take orders and trade in the one direction i chose

and follow the price! and worked exactly with limiters ... you can also work with a stop on a trend

but limiters are more effective in this situation

--

what do you call a gridiron ?

what do you call a self-contained trading system ?

imo: the goal of any system is to take profit and i took it with this semiautomated

max in 2007

(-))) or is it not complete?

Figar0:

You have it as an element of MM, an element of TS, rather than a self-contained trading system.

I am deeply convinced that the "grid" does not make sense as a self-sufficient trading system, because the expectation of such a system is negative and equal to the establishment commission.

ratnasambhava:
It is my deep conviction that the "grid" does not make sense as a self-sufficient trading system, because the expectation of such a system is negative and equal to the commission of the institution.

This is exactly what I am talking about.

Here are the results for today - (netted last night, closed tonight)

Files:
state.zip  3 kb