About the feet (for the first time) - page 2

DhP:

Resistance and support levels on the M1 can be a good guide for setting stops for some TS.

If we are talking about short stops.

And how do you determine them? Well, your level was "penetrated" by 1 pip. Is that a breakout? Or a false one? :)

Imagine ten consecutive 1-hour bars, on the same level. That's not too much to ask, is it? And then think about how much you'll make on a minute in that range... A rally of 300 pips will not save you from losses that you may catch in nothing.

Poushkine:

How do you tell? Here, your level was "penetrated" by 1 pip. Is that a breakout? Or a false one? :)

Imagine ten consecutive hour bars, on the same level. That's not too much to ask, is it? And then think about how much you'll make on the minutes in that range... A rally of 300 pips will not save you from losses that you may incur from nothing.

And how do you do that? -- You do the math.

How much will you make in a ranger on the minutes --- I'm not offering anything to anyone.....

Poushkine:

I totally disagree. Statistics is a corpse. By trying to use it, you just cook yourself (or yourself) into a fresh corpse.

"And you will be counted" - statistics count everything.

Well, if you think a triggered stop is a good thing...

Here are two screenshots of a trading tool from different TFs. Try to identify the oldest of them. (The task is simple, it doesn't require identifying the exact TF of each chart).

Fractality is certainly present in the market, but not according to Williams or in the classical mathematical sense. I understand the fractality of a trading instrument as the presence of patterns characteristic of each TF, like a snowflake.

I do not see that alsu has already managed to ask such a question.

alsu:

Really? It would be interesting to hear your expert opinion on these two charts: what TF are they from and what signs can you tell?

That's what I'm talking about. They are different in terms of results. Put a stop of two pips on one and the other and feel the difference.

YOUNGA:
Well, if you think a triggered stop is a good thing...

It's inevitable.

joo:

Here are two screenshots of a trade instrument of different TFs. Try to determine the oldest one. (The task is simple, it does not require identifying the exact TF of each chart).

Have mercy! I asked a simple question, critical to profit in what is called forex... And you're pushing me thimbles, and suggesting I play...

I don't give a shit where the older one is, I can only repeat what I've already said - you can tell them by their stops. Put the same stops on both charts and you will immediately know which one is the oldest. :)

Just think a little.

alsu:

Really? It would be interesting to hear your expert opinion on these two charts: what TF are they from and what signs can you tell?

And may I :))

the second one is H4 EURUSD December 2008 to December 2009

Poushkine:

It is inevitable.
A bit like -margin call is inevitable - don't you think?

YOUNGA:
A bit like that, a margin call is inevitable, don't you think?

Yeah.

Younga, is this a revelation to you? Do you expect to live forever? Trade break-even?