Experts: RoNz Auto SL-TS-TP v.2 - page 28

farispitbrakes:
Hello everyone i really need help. I would like to add trailing stop to my trading. Example when price hit 50 pips i want to lock at 40 pips. When price reach 60 pips it will lock at 50 pips. What are the settings should i choose? Classic? Step by step? Or keep distance ? Sorry i am very confused. Anyway this is the best EA ever! 

Don't hold me to this but based on my testing you will need a 500 point trailing stop with a 100 point step. I use keep distance.

Give it a go, if that doesn't give the results you expect ask the Master Roni :P

Roni, again thank you so much for this great EA and all the support you are offering everyone.

I've been doing lots of testing and think i have good settings for a trailing stop. I think settings very much depend on the amount of pips you are trying to catch per trade and the volatility.

To catch 100 pips you need about 300 point trailing stop to allow for volatility and even then you sometimes hit the stop before it carrys on to take profit. 

Now i think i have the trailing stop nailed risk vs reward, i would like to experiment with 'Profit Lock'

1. is it possible to set multiple take profit points? for example TP1, TP2 and TP3?

2. profits to lock, what units is this? is it a percentage? lots size? or something else? for example i have a small account, if i had a 0.02 lot trade and wanted to take 0.01 profit (50%) at 30 pips i would set 300 points but what setting would i use for 'profits to lock'?

3. When using points vs pips the rule is to do 10 x pips to work out the points, does this work for all currency pairs, indicies? where the decimal point is in a different place? Have you considered giving an option to allow settings set by pips instead of points?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Roni, Thank you very much for this EA.
I have this for you to consider right or wrong!
First I want to ask you that the place '' VALUE '' was entered using PIP or POINT?
I trade at 5-minute time frame and here are the parameters:
SL: -15 pip
TP: 15 pip
When the price goes 5 pips profit I want to move SL to -5pip ( because I know the market will return to breakeven point, so I want to move SL away from the break-point -5 pips). Did you see the settings below are correct? View attached file. Hope to receive your reply soon.

ChrisC30A:

Roni, again thank you so much for this great EA and all the support you are offering everyone.

I've been doing lots of testing and think i have good settings for a trailing stop. I think settings very much depend on the amount of pips you are trying to catch per trade and the volatility.

To catch 100 pips you need about 300 point trailing stop to allow for volatility and even then you sometimes hit the stop before it carrys on to take profit. 

Now i think i have the trailing stop nailed risk vs reward, i would like to experiment with 'Profit Lock'

1. is it possible to set multiple take profit points? for example TP1, TP2 and TP3?

2. profits to lock, what units is this? is it a percentage? lots size? or something else? for example i have a small account, if i had a 0.02 lot trade and wanted to take 0.01 profit (50%) at 30 pips i would set 300 points but what setting would i use for 'profits to lock'?

3. When using points vs pips the rule is to do 10 x pips to work out the points, does this work for all currency pairs, indicies? where the decimal point is in a different place? Have you considered giving an option to allow settings set by pips instead of points?

Thanks,

Chris

I think I miss understood the profit lock.

It doesn’t mean take partial profits?

It moves the stop loss to entry plus + pips?

So effectively this EA sets stop loss by two methods, firstly the initial to break even point and secondly a trailing stop?

Do you plan to add a function to take partial profits?

Also, is there a way this EA can be excluded by certain trades? Where you want to trade slightly differently from your normal strategy? For example, a scalp vs swing? I’m assuming that’s what magic numbers mean when being discussed?

Thanks.

Hi Ronz, I want your help in one thing, I would like to set the starting stop loss at 9000 pip, is that possible, I usually open small lots and take profit at 100 pip but stop loss I would like very wide. When I try to put 9000 pip it puts the stop loss near 300

Dear Roni,

Is it possible to add ATR TS methods and most importantly to show with a line on the graf how the chosen TS method would have acted with chosen settings. There by have a visual understanding how the chosen TS fits for the current market. Is this possible to to do? Se example at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUdTpa9C7k4

Thank you for a great tool

chrisr13:

Hi There

Firstly this is a great EA seems to work very well, the only thing I would like to see added and I believe it has been mentioned before is that for pending orders the TP and SL are entered at time of order creation.  Just the thought of having a pending order with no SL and reliant on the EA is a bit worrying but other than that, a great EA and many thanks...

Thanks. I'll consider adding it later.

Jay_1234:
Hi Ronz. I need your help pls. Ive tried loading this EA on my MT4 screen for US30 but for whatever reason it does not load. Please can you help.  Thank you

Hi, I think it just a technical problems.

farispitbrakes:
Hello everyone i really need help. I would like to add trailing stop to my trading. Example when price hit 50 pips i want to lock at 40 pips. When price reach 60 pips it will lock at 50 pips. What are the settings should i choose? Classic? Step by step? Or keep distance ? Sorry i am very confused. Anyway this is the best EA ever! 

Hello,
The first method is trying it on strategy tester. Trailing method just the way it move.

A post has been removed.

The forum is not the place to discuss Freelance projects.