[Archive! - page 515

PapaYozh:

I don't have statistics on drugs from Afghanistan.

On a side note: "A working group to identify the causes of death among young people will be created under the State Anti-Drug Committee (GAK) of Russia. This was announced today by Viktor Ivanov, chairman of the SAC and director of the Russian Federal Drug Control Service (FDCS).

According to him, in general, the mortality rate among young people aged 15 to 34 has been steadily decreasing for the last 6 years, but its level remains very high. According to the Federal Drug Control Service, more than 100 thousand young people die each year, which is 5-7 times more than in Europe.

"This phenomenon needs an explanation. After all, mortality at this age is critical for the country's demography. Cardiovascular and respiratory diseases, as well as liver and kidney diseases are the main causes," Ivanov said.

He explained that the abnormally high rate of organ failure among young people is mainly due to drug-induced pathologies, most commonly Afghan heroin.

"In this connection, it was decided to create a working group under the SAC to identify and investigate the causes of death among young people," Ivanov said. He said Nikolai Tsvetkov, deputy director of the Russian Federal Drug Control Service and chairman of the GAK, would head the working group."

http://www.gazeta.spb.ru/574892-0/

Is she sure she's from Afghanistan?

On a side note: American experts approached by the Russian service of Voice of America for comment understand the Russian government's concerns, but believe the criticism of the US is unfounded.

"The drug problem is a demand problem, not a supply problem," Ted Galen Carpenter, an expert at the libertarian Cato Institute in Washington, said in an interview. - By demanding that the U.S. and NATO countries stop the flow of drugs from Afghanistan, the Kremlin seems to be looking for scapegoats. I do not think that it is possible to stop the flow of drugs from Afghanistan. If we tried to do so, it would be suicidal for US policy. Drug trafficking is more than a third of the Afghan economy, and if we try to eradicate the opium poppy crops, we risk alienating a large part of the Afghan population. A large part of the Afghan elite, regardless of their ideological orientation, is involved in the drug trade. Karzai and his entourage is involved in drug trafficking.

According to Carpenter, the international coalition's fight against drug trafficking in Afghanistan is necessarily limited. They have to be very careful, the expert said. "If they interdict drugs under the control of regional leaders and warlords who support the Karzai government," Carpenter says, "they risk undermining the US counterterrorism mission.

http://www1.voanews.com/russian/news/Analysis-and-perspectives/Afghan-Heroine-US-Russia-2009-12-09-78923902.html

More from the same place: "The U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime released a report on the production, distribution and use of opium and heroin. The document is titled "Drug Addiction, Crime and Insurgency. The Transnational Threat of Afghan Opium" and describes the current state of the global system supplying the world with drugs produced in Afghanistan. The report shows that Russia is the world's biggest consumer of heroin.

Russian addicts account for 21 percent (70 tons) of the world's heroin use, according to the UN. By comparison, all European countries (not including Russia and Turkey) consume 26 percent (88 tonnes) of heroin, and Europe's population (without those two countries) exceeds 600 million people - compared to 140 million in the Russian Federation.

It is also reported that 30-40 thousand people die from drugs in Russia every year (and an estimated 100,000 worldwide)."

http://lenta.ru/articles/2009/10/22/drugs/

News from Abroad: "But new data from our sources in Tajikistan and Afghanistan force us to take a fresh look at the drug problem. So, according to the UN International Narcotics Control Programme, this year's poppy crop in Afghanistan reached a record high in the history of modern mankind: 110 tons of pure heroin. To make this figure clear to the reader, that is enough for about 200 million daily doses for addicts with a year's worth of experience, or the annual consumption of almost a million addicts. But on top of that, the laboratories of a "free" Afghanistan have produced more than 1,000 tonnes of high quality opium, which would provide annual consumption for about five million addicts.

In 2000, that number was roughly five times lower, and the Taliban, concerned about its foreign-policy image, made some effort to eradicate poppy fields of "uncontrolled" "Taliban" producers. Suffice it to say that the entire territory of Afghanistan in 1999 exported three times less opium than the areas controlled by the Northern Alliance, where opium production was the mainstay of the economy. In 1999, Ahmad Shah Masood alone dumped more than ten tonnes of "four nines" heroin on the world market (UNDCP annual report).

Even then, many analysts noted a clear discrepancy between Western propaganda and reality. "The "good" Northern Alliance was shipping three times as much opium and heroin to Europe and the former Soviet Union as the "bad" Taliban. But all this was simply turned a blind eye....

In the past year, just one year after the departure of the Taliban, over 150 thousand hectares of the best arable land on the plains north of the Hindu Kush, where tributaries of the Amu Darya River form wide and fertile valleys, have been turned into poppy fields. The poppy lands in Kabulistan, in the valleys of the Kabul, Logar, Sarobi and Laghman rivers, in the central part of the country on the Hazarajat highlands, and in the valleys of Herirud province (near Herat) and Helmand. Up to 75% of Afghanistan's adult population is involved in opium production, processing, transportation and sales. Today, the European market is almost 80% supplied with Afghan heroin; in the USA, the figure is as high as 35%. All told, Afghan heroin accounts for almost 65% of the global heroin production, and about 55% of the opium market. These data are contained in the report distributed in London by the UN team headed by Brian Taylor.

And all the while, the U.S. Army, Intelligence, FBI and FCO have never tired of claiming that Afghanistan is under their complete control. The Americans constantly claimed and claim to be confidently "in control" of the situation and actively "influencing" the situation in the country. Repeatedly, various officials from Admiral Tommy Franks, Commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, to President Bush himself expressed their full support for the Karzai Administration and their "confidence" in its government. At the same time, more than 70% of the profits of Afghan officials at all levels and up to 90% of all currency circulating here is "heroin" money. Suffice it to say that one of Hamid Karzai's closest associates, Ismail Khan, Governor of Herat Province, and former Mujahid, controls 10% of Afghanistan's heroin market and maintains more than 15 opium-processing laboratories in Herat and its environs.

So what's going on? Is President Bush officially endorsing and supporting the world's biggest drug producers? Or maybe he is unaware of their true sources of wealth? Maybe the Americans know nothing about what their "underbelly" Karzaevites are doing? They sit in their bases and do not stick their necks out.

http://shurigin.livejournal.com/90155.html?mode=reply

Why is it coming to us, what is going on at the border/customs?

We have an open democratic state and no customs barriers. Plus, in the totalitarian Soviet Union one had to serve with a conscience, and sometimes even with fear. Now the problem is being solved by local gangsters, bribes and corruption. And, of course, freedom fighters like you.

No synthetic drugs?

Go to Roizman's website, there are even pictures.

And so on. Only hamsters don't know that.

Because my question, "How many times", was not answered by you.

Can you even read what you wrote?

Mischek:

At the border it is let through by state-subsidised border guards, and it is handed out by spies under the cover of state-subsidised policemen paid off by the state department,

and the imitation of the fight against drug addiction is carried out by an enemy nest of Zionism on our territory called the State Drug Control Agency.

I sincerely wish that your and PapaEj's children/grandchildren would get hooked on drugs.

Perhaps then you will understand the seriousness of the situation.

But most citizens don't remember what happened a month ago.

And you will be yelling about "bad government" again.

PapaYozh:

I'm against it.

You have to start looking for the sources of your problems yourself.

We will not have enough time to live if we try to find problems within ourselves, and by the time we do, it may turn out that everything around us has been stolen, robbed and drunk (even you, while you were looking for problems within yourself (without paying attention to others) have been sold into slavery for a bottle of krystl without your knowledge).

That's the kind of pie daddy used to make.)

PapaYozh:

A radical suggestion is to nuke Afghanistan.

And Swetten will be glad.

The USSR was building all sorts of stuff there, distracting the people from their crops in every possible way.

We are getting closer and closer to the point where we can't do without blood, but there is still some time left, so we hope and bear it)))

Swetten:

I sincerely wish that your and PapaEj's children/grandchildren would get hooked on drugs.

It's understandable that you're fucked up, of course.

But there is a limit to everything, isn't there?

PapaYozh:

But it is not clear, if they have already got everything, why do they also finance the opposition?

It's confusing...

If you think about it -- who is funding, how it is funding, through whom it is funding, and what the goals are -- it's pretty clear.

But it's not clear to you.

PapaYozh:

That you're fucked up, of course, is understandable.

But, after all, there is a limit to everything.

Freedom-calibrated hamster.

"I don't know shit, but I have an opinion."

It's about drugs and Afghanistan.

And our people who died there.

Nothing personal.

P.S. I guess, you should not expect any substantive answers.

Well, go protest further.

Just a reminder: Russia has become a resort for pedophiles.

I wish so too. For you and your children and grandchildren.

Because that's what freedom is.

Swetten:

Freedom-calibrated hamster all over his head.

"I don't know shit, but I have an opinion".

It's about drugs and Afghanistan.

And our people who died there.

Nothing personal.

Don't be nervous!

Should have given birth in time, it wouldn't be so bad now.

PapaYozh:

Don't be nervous.

You should have had your baby sooner, you wouldn't be so clingy now.

Give your wife some advice.

Unless, of course, you have one.

Me, sometimes it's better not to say anything.

"For I don't know shit, but I have an opinion."