[Archive! - page 340

TheXpert:
He used to be a bit of a sane man, didn't he?

Before Armagnac?

Europa:
Before Armagnac?
Strictly speaking, yes :) Long before armagnac.

TheXpert:
Strictly speaking, yes :) Long before armagnac.

)))

I can't help but gossip as well.

Dad is right to say that this is a scientific problem, not an engineering one. Also, we seem to be talking about the electrolytic decomposition of water - electrolysis, not hydrolysis. The energy balance of the reaction would be equal to the bonding energy of the hydrogen and oxygen in the water molecule, multiplied by the efficiency of the process. Consequently, it can only be a question of increasing the efficiency. No matter how much you say halva quantum, transition, charging, resonance, laser, etc., the balance will not change. Because the costs of all these exotics will be added to the basic energy costs and factored into the efficiency.
So it would be more correct to formulate the problem as an increase in efficiency of the process of obtaining hydrogen from water, which is what tens of thousands of patents and simple proposals for the last hundred years are dedicated to.

granit77:

So it is more correct to formulate the task as improving the efficiency of the process of obtaining hydrogen from water, which has been the subject of tens of thousands of patents and mere proposals over the last hundred years.

Oh, man... I read the last few pages again, I did not see even a hint of perpetual motion machine, I think that is how the task was formulated.

C-4:

Your "extra" solar quanta of energy are nothing more than ordinary thermal energy...

oh boy... You're lying, Uncle Vasya! What is heat? Mechanical vibrations of atoms (molecules) of a substance. The amplitude of the oscillations corresponds to the temperature of the body and is a side effect of how the body receives energy (from radiation, from friction, from the heat of another body in contact, from chemical reactions within the body, etc.). Now, please explain to me, from the point of view of physics, how does a quantum of energy result in MECHANICAL oscillations?

Yes, certainly it is possible to heat water steam above 800 degrees Celsius, when kinetic energy of collision of molecules will be comparable to potential energy of molecular bonds and to decompose such steam will be easier, but it is absolutely true that nobody cancelled the law of conservation of energy and first it will be necessary to expend energy for heating.

moskitman:

....Yes, it is certainly possible to heat water vapour above 800 degrees Celsius....

You can't sit in a bath like that for long. Your ears will burn.

granit77:

I can't help but gossip as well.

Dad is right to say that this is a scientific problem, not an engineering one. Also, we seem to be talking about the electrolytic decomposition of water - electrolysis, not hydrolysis. The energy balance of the reaction would be equal to the bonding energy of the hydrogen and oxygen in the water molecule, multiplied by the efficiency of the process. Consequently, it can only be a question of increasing the efficiency. No matter how much you say halva quantum, transition, charging, resonance, laser, etc., the balance will not change. Because the costs of all these exotics will be added to the basic energy costs and factored into the efficiency.
So it would be more correct to formulate the problem as an increase in efficiency of the process of obtaining hydrogen from water, which is what tens of thousands of patents and simple proposals for the last hundred years are dedicated to.

The man is at the root of the matter. Bonding energy !=const !!! That's where the dog's at!

Actually, hydrolysis is the reaction of some substance (usually a salt) interacting with water. I haven't seen anything like that yet.

Mathemat:
Actually, hydrolysis is the reaction of some substance (usually a salt) interacting with water. I haven't seen anything like that yet.
They make vodka by hydrolysis from sawdust.