EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Part 3) - page 678

...and it's getting worse and worse in the US...

18:00USD Economic Optimism Index40.8045.0043.00
22:00USD
Monthly budget execution report-188.20B-157.50B-222.50B

Difficult budget negotiations have investors worried about Washington's ability to reach agreement on the US borrowing limit, which is expected to be exceeded as early as next month.

>"The budget problem is starting to draw more attention to the dollar," said David Watt, senior currency strategist-analyst at RBC Capital Markets in Toronto. With the eurozone debt crisis still unresolved, investors, Watt complains, are constantly nagging him with questions about why the euro keeps rising.

>"Dollar growth will be hard to achieve until sanity prevails" in Washington, says Watt.

margaret:

...and it's getting worse and worse in the US...

That's bad, the bad thing is that they had it bad a couple of years ago, and the whole world had to clean it up, it's "getting worse and worse" for them, while we can't get any worse.

ZS: Imho - all downhill.

The unfavourable combination of soft monetarypolicy and the ongoing debate over the US budget deficit and debt ceiling is causing traders to abandon the dollar even as global risks are rising. Instead, investors are turning to the relatively safe Swiss franc and, most puzzling of all, the yen.

>"Of course, the easiest thing to do is to attribute it to interest rate differentials, but there may be a lot of downside for the dollar," says Nick Bennenbrock, head of currency strategy at Wells Fargo in New York.

>The uneasy climate in Washington, where a heated debate on budget deficit reduction and raising the debt ceiling is a problem for the dollar, Bennenbrock adds. "The increasing debate is not helping at all, reinforcing the downward trend of the /dollar/ without being the primary cause of the trend."

In recent days, European political leaders have been saying time and again that the credit crunch is over. Portugal will be the last country to need a bailout. And Spain, which is the next weakest link in the debt crisis chain, will miss the fate of its victims.

1. Everyone wants to go up

2. I'm sitting in crosses and everywhere I want the eu down and the buck up.

3. All the news is for the euro. It's not hard to swap.

4. very nice butterfly on D. Its limit !.465, target 1.4 minimum.

Conclusion. Waiting for a signal down. I see it, I sell it, I sell it again and then I fill it up.

No confidence in the Aussie's reversal. Waited for 1.07. Now down inside the day, I will cover for the night...

An interesting pair of kangaroos kiwi. Sold them a week ago. Now wondering how many to keep. Margot, have a look at the manf, very promising...

IDLER:

An interesting pair of kangaroos kiwi. Sold them a week ago. Now wondering how many to keep. Margot, have a look at manf, very promising...

I said earlier...from my experience I can say that it's much quieter and more profitable to work on one pair...

When I started working, yes... grabbed a few pairs... nerve-killing "no fucking way to do it"...

Yes, you can open two deals e.g. Euro-dollar and dollar-frank, they usually go the same way in opposite directions.... but other pairs... I had deals with profits and had to close them all together simultaneously, but I cannot always do it manually (considering that negative moves hurt more than positive ones)...

I remember one case: EURUSD closed without problems on TP (with a good plus), then switched to closing dollar-franc (failed to reach 2 points to TP) ... the position was $700,000... When I looked, it was flying downhill like the speed of light, I closed it manually and the answer was: No such price... the market was overloaded... no modifications etc. For about half an hour, while I was manually closing, I called my broker... his phone was busy all the time... I even got in touch and closed via broker (broker explained that he didn't have time to process all orders), but not with such a plus... and with ruined nerves...

In general, I trade this way - the method works on all pairs equally - I need to buy another third monitor - because the second on the first day has paid off in profits -

Yesterday on CHF - one profit - waiting for CAD and JPY