The smartest thoughts about trading - page 2

Noterday:
I think this is the first trading methodology that all beginners lose out on :))) At least that was me:)

It's just too cumbersome and inconsistent))) But it can be simplified))) Fractals may be reduced to two support/resistance lines and the aligator to a single SMMA with a dynamic period))) The profit is mowed like a lawnmower)))) If it were not for Williams' ideas and philosophy I would have never understood it ))))

Richie:

Which one are you talking about? They're both good, though. But I don't want to accuse, when I have time I will consider specific phrases from specific "literature".

Artikul, none of them was able to disgrace me.

About Williams.... Elder not even read.... Because I've already stepped on a rake once.

He was wrong to talk about autopilot, it broke his whole train of thought. Yes ATCs require supervision (optimisation, capital management), but that is all they require. Autopilots on planes now even make landings and taxiing automatically.)

artikul:

It's just too cumbersome and controversial )))) But it can be simplified )))) Fractals are reduced to two support/resistance lines and the aligator is reduced to a single SMMA with a dynamic period )))) The profit is mowed like a lawnmower)))) If it were not for Williams' ideas and philosophy I would have never understood it ))))
I absolutely agree about the philosophy! I have seen the market differently thanks to it. After some defeats I reread his chapters again. It helps a lot, I recommend it.

To quote Larry Williams.

"If this were true of the market and prices closed upward 50 per cent of the time, then after each close we would expect to see further closes upward 50 per cent of the time, with that 50 per cent probability extending to each successive time period. The same applies to down closes: 50 per cent of the time after a down close we would see a repeat; likewise, 50 per cent of the time after a down close we would see a third down close. However, this is not the case in the real world of trading, which can only mean that price behaviour is not completely random!".

Note the phrase in bold here. In other words, Williams admits that price behaviour is random. But with a caveat - not completely like ....

Igor Toshchakov

The behaviour of any market has a proper explanation, the reasons explaining the behaviour always become known too late.

artikul: ...... and aligator to one single SMMA with a dynamic period ))) .......
Can you be more specific? Which indicator are you referring to specifically?

Richie:
No, why? Besides, Elder will be discussed again and again. And Williams too. I personally want to "defeat" the latter when I have the time.

What Williams are you talking about? About that charlatan and dexterous mind manipulator Bill Williams, or about one of the greatest traders of our time - Larry Williams?

It is not very clear what struck you so much about Larry's words. That the markets are not completely random? Do you really think that every market movement can be explained?

And Elder's words are a red rag on this forum. Elder is a psychologist, not a trader. His psychology has no place in MTS, so he denies them. In fact his system of three screens is nothing more than a banal MTS plum, of which there are very many in the code base.

Richie:
Can you be more specific? Which indicator are you referring to exactly?
#property indicator_chart_window

#property indicator_buffers   1
#property indicator_color1    Red
#property indicator_width1    2

double BUFFER[];

void DRAW(int shift)
{
   double period=GlobalVariableGet(Symbol());
   BUFFER[shift]=iMA(NULL,0,period,period,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,shift);
}

void start()
{
   for(int i=0; i<Bars; i++) DRAW(i);
}

void init()
{
   IndicatorBuffers(1);
   SetIndexBuffer(0,BUFFER);
   SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE); 
   IndicatorDigits(Digits);
   IndicatorShortName("iMA");  
}

On the whole TC looks more than idiotic ))))