[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 527

Hello all. The question has arisen of testing the multi-currency tester. The built-in tester works with only one currency. And in real time in a demo to get the necessary combination of factors (for example 4 simultaneously open positions on different pairs) is a waste of time. Tons of time are wasted. Considering that we have to make changes and catch the situation again :( Solution ?

Pyro:
Hello all. The question has arisen of testing the multi-currency tester. The built-in tester works with only one currency. And in real time in a demo to get the necessary combination of factors (for example 4 simultaneously open positions on different pairs) is a waste of time. Tons of time are wasted. Considering that we have to make changes and catch the situation again :( Solution ?

MT5 && MQL5

sergeev:
Why is it cumbersome? It's all in columns, flat.
You can still use the switch

vlozovsky:

I haven't started trading that long ago, and I'm just taking my very first steps in MKL. Please forgive me for the probably stupid question.
I came to the conclusion that I should use several indicators in my Expert Advisor (at least 5, or better, more). And the values of these indicators are not necessarily related to each other by a simple dependence. Generally, there should be a black box with, say, five entries and two exits - Buy and Sell. Numerical value of each indicator may take several values (for example, also five, from 0 to 0.2, or from 0.2 to 0.4, or from 0.4 to 0.6, etc.). Alternatively, we can assume that this box has 25 inputs and two outputs. Suppose this matrix is known to me.
The question is, how would this be implemented? Apart from a very cumbersome system consisting of a lot of if statements, nothing else comes to mind. I don't want to be engaged in NS at the moment. Once again, please apologize if anything is wrong. Thank you!

You can do it with arrays and loops. It all comes down to multiplying a vector of input parameters by a matrix you know. Same NS, only you don't need to train it since you know the weights.

artmedia70:
You can still use the switch

No. You can't fit 25 indicators into a switch.

granit77:
If this is what I think it is, then you need to write *.mgh or *.mq4 in its place, close the terminal and the editor, open the file in a simple text editor (notepad), add a space anywhere and write the changed file. Then open everything again, and re-call the file from the editor. The problem will disappear.
It looks silly, but it works. I haven't worked out the reasons.

I managed to fix it on another computer.

Question: how do I know from the tester that Equity is doubled ?

For example in the picture below I have shown an orange square - the original Equity and an orange rectangle - I believe this is

doubling the Equity. Am I right or am I wrong ?

alex12:

For example in the picture below I have shown an orange square - the original Equity and an orange rectangle - I believe this is

doubling the Equity. Am I right or am I wrong ?

Somewhere about right. Looks like - no stops?

alex12:

doubling the Equity. Am I right or not ?

Remember in a global variable the value of initial deposit. Create another global variable that equals the delta with the value you define (the first rectangle). Then follow the formula.

If equity == initial deposit + delta, then a certain action.

If equity == initial deposit + delta*2 (second rectangle), then specific action.

artmedia70:
Somewhere around yes. Looks like - no stops?
stops - resting )