[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 223

todem:

do lot normalisation

All thanks, it's working...fuck it....)))))))))

eddy:
indicator in an endless loop with sleeps
this is news... the slip does not work in the indicator.

well in the expert then

eddy:
well, in the expert, then.
then it works.

Anyway, it's not a question of where sleep works)

tyt:

Thank you. That's exactly what I was asking about. Another question then. How long did it take to understand MQL4? I don't mean to become a pro and write a thoroughly awesome Expert Advisor. I don't mean to become a pro to write a cool EA from A to Z, but at least know what to tweak when writing an already existing one. To make it clearer about myself: At this stage I'm mastering operators. It has been two weeks since I started studying them. What do you think the chances are. I repeat. Teacher is not around to ask no one.

Appreciate the answers.

Any page of this forum has "Documentation" and Kovalev's "Tutorial" at the top. There's EVERYTHING there... Including "fish" - just add something of your own... Whatever you don't understand - they will help you with any question (I don't consider myself a helper yet - I'm still "shallow"...)

I can't figure out the difference (dots are some kind of code):

if (...) {
      if (...) {
        if (...) {
           if (...) return(True);     
        }
      }
    } 

и

if (...)
if (...)
if (...)
if (...) return(True);

I don't think there's any difference, but I've noticed that the first option is used more often, maybe out of ignorance? Or am I wrong?

If there is only one operator in the body, it makes no difference. I use the 2nd option, but every subsequent if and shift it to the right

"if the indicator is in an infinite loop with sleeps, I think some function needs to be inserted"

https://docs.mql4.com/ru/check/IsStopped

Fam:

I can't figure out the difference (dots are some kind of code):

и

I don't think there's any difference, but I've noticed that the first option is used more often, maybe out of ignorance? Or am I wrong?

The second spelling can often be seen too.