[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 336

volshebnik:
I checked - there is a history of minutes from 1999. I checked the checkbox to show all variants (non-profitable ones too). I put even only one MA parameter on optimization, for example from 100 to 110 and all - optimization "dies" - no results, no chart.... Not to mention the inclusion of other parameters.
99% of bots have been losing money for 10 years using any parameters. For this reason there is nothing to show in the results:)))

silachara:

Faced the following problem. I have written a simple Expert Advisor. I start it in the strategy tester. I have only run it through March 2011 and received 21 orders. I have run it for the period from April 2010 to March 2011 and received only 5 orders.

I understand that if I run it for a longer period, it should give me either more or equal 21 orders. But I got less.

Why can it happen? How to fix this problem? Please, advise.

What does the visualization show? There are a lot of variants

1) you have run out of funds after 5 trades

2) Expert Advisor performs an invalid operation such as division by zero and just stops working

3) Under certain conditions (which did not appear in March), you change an unnecessary parameter and violate the conditions, so trades stop working (the simplest example - you count how many buy and sell deals you have opened at the moment, but when recalculating the number of sell deals, you do not reset them to zero. As a result, after the first one, you will get an overshoot and your work will be stopped)

silachara:

Faced the following problem. I have written a simple Expert Advisor. I start it in the strategy tester. I have only run it through March 2011 and received 21 orders. I tried it for the period from April 2010 to March 2011 and received only 5 orders.

I understand that the run for a longer period of time should give either more or equal to 21 orders. But I got less.

Why may this happen? How to fix this problem? Please advise.

History is not assessed or it is assessed with holes.

2. If the bot analyzes crosses, except for its own pair, it may not be tested in the tester and cannot be adequately checked.

silachara:

Faced the following problem. I have written a simple Expert Advisor. I start it in the strategy tester. I have only run it through March 2011 and received 21 orders. I have run it for the period from April 2010 to March 2011 and received only 5 orders.

I understand that if I run it for a longer period, it should give me either more or equal 21 orders. But I got less.

Why can it happen? How to fix this problem? Please advise.

In April, a position is opened and cannot be closed!

While it is open, it misses the opening of some of March's positions.

gisip:

A position is opened in April and cannot be closed!

While it is open, it misses the opening of part of March's positions.

This is one possibility. Another one: we ran out of money after 5 trades. If you can't figure out for yourself where and why it happens - post both stats.

gisip:

A position is opened in April and cannot be closed!

While it is open, it misses the opening of part of March's positions.

Thank you. That's exactly what happened. I added a filter to remove the position and everything worked.

How to make the graph be BLACK and WHITE (not green) at start of the Tester in visualisation mode and WITH LIGHTS. I have to do these two operations manually every time

ikatsko:
How can I make the graph be BLACK and WHITE (not green) at the start of the Tester in visualisation mode, and WITH LIGHTS. Every time I have to do these two operations manually

You can do it somehow, through the default in usages or something else - I don't remember... :-))) I myself use a saved template with indicators for one or another strategy - so, different templates: start EA testing in visualization mode, then right-click on the chart, then select templates, select the previously saved for testing strategy, left-click and go ... Like this.

ikatsko:
How to make the graph be BLACK and WHITE (not green) at start of the Tester in visualisation mode and WITH LIGHTS. I have to do these two operations manually every time
Make the template you want and save it under the name tester. Just checked it.

granit77:
Make a template you need and save it by the name tester. Just checked.

I see. But you still need to do two extra things. Too lazy :) Maybe some keys can be written when you run the terminal?