Stops - page 13

paukas:
What's the man's last name? Sores?

Hmm. Sores Sores.

You're a joker.) Mr. Paukas.

But your beard is awesome!

Tantrik:
Swinosaurs have promised to tell you where to put the stops and are thinking for now (or celebrating), and you keep the branch afloat :-))
:))) we'll give it a try.

fozi:

Hmm. Sores Sores.

You're a joker.) Mr. Paukas.

But your beard is awesome!

The point is that such technical failures are eliminated. Profits and losses are of course reversed.

But on demos, they usually remain in their original state.

paukas:

The matter is that such technical failures are eliminated. The profits and losses are naturally reversed.

But in the demos, they usually remain in their original form.

What can I say, the debate is endless. Whether or not you need feet. This is a personal matter for everyone.

As for technical failures, I did not get into them, and I don't want to.

You read people, you get a headache. They mix in all sorts of things: money management, locks, take-profits, etc., etc.

1. Stop orders is an element of a trading system. Not every TS should use stop orders. For example, if TS trades in the direction of interday gaps and always closes positions at the opening of the session, then the stops in it do not make any sense (because the execution will always be at the opening of the market).

2. Stop orders are supposed to have some mythical power. Like they will not let the deposit go down and even from a losing TP to make a profitable one. This is not true. With stop orders, you will lose just as well as without them, provided, of course, that you always take an adequate risk and do not overlap losses.

3) The ratio of SL to TP does not play any role. We are playing a simple probability game, the bigger the stop, the lower the probability of its triggering and the higher the fixable loss. Narrow stops will, on the contrary, trigger very often, and end up with the same loss as a large stop, but in smaller increments. In reality of course there is the effect of cumulative gains/losses, so of course in your TS build a larger rate of return and an adequate price of loss.

4. The most difficult thing to understand. I don't think stops reduce risk at all (that's how they are designed). For example, if you set a stop of 1000 pips, and the price went against you 950 pips and then turned around and you blew the position, it does not mean you did not take a risk. At some point, your account equity weakened by 950 pips, and you had a corresponding unrealized loss. In other words, the stop did not give you anything as such, except a hypothetical exit point from the position. It turns out that you bear the risk of unfavourable price movement with a stopper, as well as without it. Locking a position has no effect, because the moment of locking is the exit from the position, and before it you can face adverse price movement. Hedging options is another matter. You pay a fixed premium for the right to exercise your right to buy an asset at a previously agreed price and the size of this premium is your maximum loss should you fail to exercise the option. This way, you don't carry the risk of an adverse change in the value of the asset.

It's time for Peter to "enter the arena". I don't think anyone else is going to write anything clever after C-4's post. It's a pleasure to read your posts, Vasily. Clever and as always detailed .....

Richie:

It's time for Peter to "enter the arena". I don't think anyone else is going to write anything clever after C-4's post. It's a pleasure to read your posts, Vasily. Clever and as always detailed .....

He has the best clarity of thought IMHO

C-4:

You read people, you get a headache. They mix in all sorts of things: money management, locks, take-profits, etc., etc.

1. Stop orders are an element of a trading system.

2. Stop orders are usually attributed some mythical power. 3.

The relation of the SL to the TP does not play any role. 4.

4. The most difficult to understand.

+100;

------------------------

And while the subjmaker is comprehending point #4, (I think this will last until January 11, + - 2 days), let me clarify some details:

paukas:

The fact is that such technical failures are eliminated. Profits and losses of course return to their place.

And here in the demos, they usually remain in their original state.

OK.

And can you enlighten us as to how they occur in general? I mean the technical glitches? Yes, yes. About them, my dear....

In the age of OOP, C++, VB.NET, API, MAPI, SHMAPI, MQL4 & 5, ....... I don't understand how it's even possible???

----------------------------------

No, you just imagine, a similar "tech failure" in the control system of aircraft(aircraft), NPP, Power Supply, Armaments etc.

----------------------------------

HZ. For a modest fee, I can write a code that will eradicate such technical malfunctions. )))))))))))))

C-4:

You read people, you get a headache. They mix in all sorts of things: money management, locks, take profit, etc., etc.

1. Stop-loss orders are an element of the trading system. Not every TS has to use stop orders. For example, if the TS trades the direction of interday gaps and always closes positions at the opening of the session, then the stops in it do not make any sense at all (because the execution will always be at the opening of the market).

2. Stop orders are supposed to have some mythical power. Supposedly they will not let the deposit go down and may even make a profitable trading system from a loss-making one. This is not true. With stop orders, you will lose just as well as without them, provided, of course, that you always take an adequate risk and do not overlap losses.

3) The ratio of SL to TP does not play any role. We are playing a simple probability game, the bigger the stop, the lower the probability of its triggering and the higher the fixable loss. Narrow stops will, on the contrary, trigger very often and end up with the same loss as a large stop, but in smaller increments. In reality of course there is the effect of cumulative gains/losses, so of course in your TS build a larger rate of return and an adequate price of loss.

4. The most difficult thing to understand. I don't think stops reduce risk at all (that's how they are designed). For example, if you set a stop of 1000 pips, and the price went against you 950 pips and then turned around and you blew the position, it does not mean you did not take a risk. At some point, your account equity weakened by 950 pips, and you had a corresponding unrealized loss. In other words, the stop did not give you anything as such, except a hypothetical exit point from the position. It turns out that you bear the risk of unfavourable price movement with a stopper, as well as without it. Locking a position has no effect, because the moment of locking is the exit from the position, and before it you can face adverse price movement. Hedging options is another matter. You pay a fixed premium for the right to exercise your right to buy an asset at a previously agreed price and the size of this premium is your maximum loss should you fail to exercise the option. Thus, you do not bear the risk of an adverse movement in the value of the asset.

The speech is not a boy's, but... not a girl's. )))

I agree. But is that all there is to it?

The theme and the startpost are pleasing...

- Stops.

- What's 666?

- What's with the stops?

- What's the best rubber?

- Aviation. 130 degrees. And the pressure - everything rips, rubber stays.

- Contex works for me. Antivirus is...

- Oh, you're harvesting crops... Well, fall and spring, then.

All in all, out of context, nothing.