Stops - page 10

Svinozavr:

1. Stops as part of the TS taking profit.

2. Stops as a means of avoiding a margin call. So-called force majeure stops.

I have not found any TC that allows to trade on the first type within reasonable limits of profitability.

In other words, does a size-oriented stop look worse in terms of profitability than a time-oriented one?

Svinozavr:

It's not that simple...

Shall we begin?

Go ahead, everyone's waiting.

sanyooooook:
What kind of stop is reasonable?

Before we start :)))) I will answer with an example to the question.

Currently looking for an entry point to sell AUDCAD. This is an example of medium to long term non-trend trading. :)

Grounds for entry:

- The trend has been going on for 7 months, gold and its satellite currency AUD are severely overheated,

- 2 days ago it bounced from the all-time high of 1.0200, reached in late October, a double-top TA pattern is coming up,

- A pin bar has formed on the D1 (price action), which has not yet been broken,

- broke through the trend line (white on the screenshot, we have a reversal according to Sperandeo) and practically broke away from it on the other side,

- SL=100pp, the target for the double top is 900pp, the Risk/Reward ratio is 1/9

This is an example of trading not following the trend, but working out the swings, trend reversals. It is not always possible to enter a profitable movement at the first try. As a rule, it is preceded by 1-3 stops with 1% loss from deposit, but 1 profitable trade brings 5-10% profit. The game is worthwhile even if only 5-10 profitable trades are taken during a year. That's more or less how we trade. :) With stops. :))) Slow and lazy, as veterans do. ))) This kind of trading does not bring adrenaline. Only profits, and not the ones that 99% of forex traders go after.

Svinozavr: It's not that simple... Shall we begin, shall we?

It's the second day of my patience. I have already read the opinions of "pissers", I would very much like to hear from those who are in an "unadopted state" and are able to "pour on for a long time".

Richie:

This is the second day of my patience. I have already read the opinions of "pissers", I would very much like to hear from those who are in an "unaccepted state" and are able to "piss for a long time".

Not everyone has pissed yet...

Where is the Father? There will be a sermon, no?

Tell me where your stop is and I'll tell you who you are. )))

paukas:
Tell me where your stop is and I'll tell you who you are. )))

My stop is 20-30 pips depending on my mood and greed

Profit varies from 40 to 150 pips depending on how long I can stand it and do not look at my terminal screen.

So who am I? Who am i-a-a-a-a-......a!? almost got hoarse...

picard:

My stop is 20-30 pips depending on my mood and greed

Profit 40 to 150 pips, depending on how long I can stand it and not look at the terminal screen.

So who am I? Who am I-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!?

A common jackass like the rest of us.

Tantrik:

Traded dollar/yen in a channel with stops set 30-40pp. red dashes score 2:1. Stops are needed - where they are needed.

You need stops where you need them, not the market.