Stops - page 7

Stops are a good thing, StopLoss is mandatory (no exceptions), TakeProfit is optional.

Example of a system that uses stops calculated at the moment a position is opened.

Strategy Tester Report
splainotron_wave_04.0X
(Build 226)

SymbolEURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)
Period15 Minutes (M15) 1999.10.04 03:45 - 2010.09.03 22:45 (1999.01.01 - 2010.12.31)
ModelAll ticks (most accurate method based on all smallest available timeframes)
Parameters...
Bars in history270412Modelled ticks35390215Simulation quality89.97%
Chart mismatch errors0
Initial deposit50000000.00
Net profit108623.84Total profit138626.94Total loss-30003.10
Profitability4.62Expected payoff80.88
Absolute drawdown6951.68Maximum drawdown9196.20 (0.02%)Relative drawdown0.02% (9196.20)
Total trades1343Short positions (% win)0 (0.00%)Long positions (% win)1343 (9.31%)
Profitable trades (% of all)125 (9.31%)Loss trades (% of all)1218 (90.69%)
Largestprofitable trade1348.00losing transaction-27.40
Averageprofitable deal1109.02losing trade-24.63
Maximum numbercontinuous wins (profit)12 (15742.40)Continuous losses (loss)303 (-7532.00)
MaximumContinuous Profit (number of wins)15742.40 (12)Continuous loss (number of losses)-7532.00 (303)
Averagecontinuous winnings5Continuous loss51

Initial deposit 50000000.00 ))))

(Bummer)))) Better to put it in a bank and live off the interest ))))

storm:

Average continuous gain 5 continuous loss 51

hmm, should it be like this? maybe we should adjust it a bit with optimization and then use MM to average it out?

IgorM:
Hm, is it supposed to be like this? Maybe we should tweak it a bit with optimization, and then use MM to average?

This is normal, as these series of continuous losses are caught on long term downtrends, while the EA only opens Buy positions, you can include Sell positions and then the series will be reduced.

Svinozavr:
I have long wanted to make a separate topic, but I have never been able to concentrate.

There's a lot to say. I'm going to say it for now. I'll fill you in later.

For now, please speak up.

Look at https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/130221, there's a guy on the demo account, the stop itself is interesting in principle.

storm:

Stops are a good thing, StopLoss is mandatory (no exceptions), TakeProfit is optional.

Example of a system that uses stops calculated at the time the position is opened to close the position.

nice, even though it's a tester, is the stop classified or can you tell me how to use it correctly?

Byte:
I can't see it, it's beautiful but it's a tester, is the stop classified or can you tell me how to use it correctly?

No, the stop is simple, I have 25 pips, you can go more or less.

Here's a New Year's present for everyone, just don't think of it as advertising, just read this chapter, it's the main one, the rest is psychology.

p.s. when i got to this on my own, started searching the net for similar themes, and in general, not much, this "gift" the best i found

SEVER11:
Look at https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/130221, there's a guy on a demo account, the staging of the stop itself is interesting in principle.

I think they changed the passwords or the whole account

storm:

Example of a system that uses stops to close a position calculated at the time it was opened.

Sorry for the wrong picture, this is the one that should be, although there seems to be no difference (the one at the opening, this one ticks)

My opinion, based on considerable experience, is this:<br/ translate="no"> 1. Stops are a must. You cannot open a position without a stop loss.
2. Maximum loss from one trade = 5-8% of the balance.

The main goal is not to make money, but to preserve capital!

And here is my 1.5 years experience.

I agree by 20% that, the main objective is not to make money, but to preserve capital!

I don't agree at all, Maximum loss from one trade = 5-8% of the balance.
And here the maximal loss from one trade = 0,01-0,5% of the balance is a completely different matter.
With this kind of risk management even a systematic unsystematic manual trade can easily become profitable!
Why do you think? I am waiting for your thoughts...

And now, if you allow me, I'll add my five cents.

When you trade with big risk (volume 5-8% of balance, some trade even with 20-30%) at every loss you start to think what it would result in, and at that moment you create a result, yes the very one, 5-6 more of these stops and all deposit is drained. Next time you need to open a position you start stupor, you say you need to enter, but look at the chart and cannot move a finger. As a consequence, you miss the opportunity to profit, because this very trade was profitable! And then you start thinking again. Why is this happening? Do you remember what kind of result you created? In such situations you experience a strong resistance of your body, doubt and fear. When you are afraid or doubtful, ask yourself the question, who is afraid you or your mind? You cannot actually be afraid, you do not have fear and doubt, you can only observe how afraid and panicked your mind is. When you realise this, you will realise that, it is you who is the master, not your mind. The mind is a tool in your hands. You must control it, use it, not the other way around.

To get what you want you have to feel and realize that you really want it, and if you want it then you have already created a result. Now you need to act, and you should not care how you do it. You don't have to worry about the outcome. Why? Because the result has already been created, when you felt and realized what you want.
When you trade with such a small risk (volume 0.01-0.5% of balance) then you don't care what the result will be, because you're not thrilled with the profits you earn and even less worried about losses, you have enough margin of safety, you don't care. All that remains is to enjoy the process as you go towards your goal!

Chasing the future, or looking back at the past, you are losing the present. There is no past and no future, only the present.
The main task of 80% is to watch, to observe the present!
The other 20% is to act, to act consciously! You have to feel and realise what you really want, otherwise it's a road to nowhere.