Randomness of price values - page 3

NorthAlec:

From the banks, dear man, from the banks. Have you never seen tick charts?

Why would there be tics in our village? We don't even have a telephone. Only a drunken tractor-driver Sergei with a cast-iron laptop and a woman who works at the post office, telegraphing quotes.

The question was different: how do you know that banks (and his traders) trade on ticks? And not on ticks, for example?

forte928:

it's a great folly to work with tick data - pipsing is utopian and unproductive - the quieter you ride, the healthier you will be...

I'll let you in on a little secret. All the big players ("market makers") work with pips. That's why price moves all the time :)

Swetten:

Why would there be tics in our village? We don't even have a telephone. Only a drunken tractor-driver Sergei with a cast-iron laptop and a woman who works at the post office, telegraphing quotes.

The question was different: how do you know that banks (and his traders) trade on ticks? And not on ticks, for example?

see answer above.

NorthAlec:

I'll let you in on a little secret. All the big players ("market makers") work with pips. That's what makes the price move :)

А! And the wind is from the trees swaying. Right?

P.S. How do you imagine pipsing in a lot of 300 million? А?

Swetten:
А! And the wind is from the trees swaying. Right?

Swetten, if you think that banks look at the price once an hour, and the rest of the time they have a break, or if you think that they trade the same way as Forex dealing clients - they wait long for the moment, enter a position, wait for a long time, and then exit again - I am not going to dissuade you from anything :)

NorthAlec:

Swetten, if you think that banks look at the price once an hour, and the rest of the time they have a break, or if you think that they trade the same way as customers of Forex brokerage firms - long wait for the moment, enter a position, wait for a long time by the sea of weather, and then exit again - I'm not going to dissuade you of anything :)

I don't need to be dissuaded about anything.

It is a simple question: where is the data that banks (market makers!!!) do pipsing, and even on tick charts.

Is it difficult, without ass-wagging, to give an iron argument, and not to engage in verbiage and persuasion?

Here are some statistics:

Daily FOREX turnover is about $1 trillion.

There is no reliable information about trading volumes directly from FOREX, but these volumes correlate well with some other data. Judging by these data, the vast majority of positions opened during the day are closed by the end of the day. That is, this market is mainly an intensive intraday trading. With such a huge volume of trades, this level can be reached only if the players will open and close several times a day.

Trading never stops, practically never. Look at the charts of currency futures - these are currency-linked instruments, they usually go point for point with their underlying assets. This, by the way, is the basis of the "quasi-arbitrage" method - literally points from divergence are caught there.

...The smart cat here is ranting - he knows nothing about currency futures or their relationship to Forex or arbitrage. What are tick charts, he also does not know (probably has not seen) - so he asks stupid questions.

NorthAlec:

That is, this market is mostly intensive intraday trading.

Which does not mean pipsing.

It is not surprising with such a huge volume of trades - such a level can be reached only if the players open and close positions many times a day.

You said it yourself -- there is no reliable information about trading volumes. And 1 trillion dollars -- that's not that much in terms of standard lots and number of participants per day.

Where is the information that banks (market makers!!!) deal with pipsing, and on tick charts?

Is it difficult, without wiggling your ass, to give an iron argument, and not to make unsubstantiated calculations?

NorthAlec:

...And there is an unintelligent cat that does not know anything about currency futures or their relationship to Forex or arbitrage. What is a tick chart, he also does not know (probably has not seen) - so he asks stupid questions.

The passenger whose condition is very accurately reflected in his avatar - a man without a headgear that he eats.

P.S. You can answer the point, can't you?

Once again: where is the evidence that banks (market makers!!!) are pipsing, and even on tick charts?

Is it difficult, without wagging your ass, to give an iron argument, and not to engage in verbiage and persuasion?

I repeat Swetten, if you do not know something, that's your problem, and I do not have to teach you :)