How do you calculate the length of a line from the coordinates? - page 12

granit77:
I'll join the Integer fans in clarifying the api. If you get a stable result, then you can judge and dance around it.

There are two ways to get a stable result. You can dance on the time or on the bar number. Except that both results are different.

jartmailru:

The code is not correct.

Because there may be indicator windows on the chart - this is one

(in this case, the height of the price window is unknown - and we get the total height).

Secondly, it has exactly the error I was talking about -

when scrolling the chart left and right, it changes the coefficients by which

to convert the price into pixels.

It's all within the margin of error:

I have compressed it in all directions and shoved graphs and hidden it behind the screen - the percentages do not suffer from this

granit77:
I'll join the Integer fans in specifying the api . If you get a stable result, you can use it to judge something and dance around it.

As I wrote - the conversion ratios for BAR to PRICE distance can be adjusted. BUT, you have to do this for each currency in a different order.

With pixels is a more general option. But if you work with one currency and one timeframe, then it is possible to pick up the coefficient and not use the API.

AlexSTAL:

Everything is within the margin of error:

I've compressed in all directions and shoved graphs and hid them behind the screen - the percentages don't suffer from this

As far as I understand we can expect a super Woolf wave indicator soon? Will it be freely available?

khorosh:
As far as I understand we can expect a super Woolf wave indicator soon? Will it be freely available?

It's not looking for waves.... just makes life easier when calculating and drawing lines... if you're interested, I'll post it.

AlexSTAL:

It's not looking for waves.... just makes life easier when calculating and drawing lines... if you're interested, I'll post it.
Very interesting.

Urain:
One is measured in ices, the other in iges and what is the hypotenuse?
In xy-ices?!

wise:
In xy games?!

Elliotto-point-minutes.

Who the fuck cares.

But comparable...

;)

----

The pixel is clearly a futile attempt of the mind to return to a comparable metric.

A vain way of solving a simple problem of commensurability.

And cynically - from different TFs....

FreeLance:

pixel is unambiguously a futile attempt of the mind to return to a comparable metric.

A vain way of solving a simple problem of commensuration.

And cynically - from different TFs....

I don't catch the sarcasm. In my context, it's the pixels that solve the problem (comparison at the same TF, at the same scale, etc). What's the point of being a stickler here, "Mikhail Andreyevich"?

If there is another solution to this simple problem for grade 1, post it.

FreeLance:

Elliotto-point-minutes.

Who the fuck cares.

But comparable...

No. To begin with, one must make an axiomatics of the given space "time-points". Then, on the basis of the axioms, prove the applicability of the Pythagorean theorem. And only then try to count the hypotenuse in xy-games.