How do you calculate the length of a line from the coordinates? - page 11

Mischek:

I think Integer is the only option if you need a number.
You're not in trading, are you?

gip:

It doesn't seem like a difficult question.

As it turns out - complicated :) For perception.

gip:

Ten pages already. It doesn't seem like a difficult question.

Pixels are a good way to measure it.

What's so great about it? I have stretched the price chart window - its length in pixels has changed. Changed the timeframe - the same.

api:

And what good would that do? I have expanded the price chart window - its length in pixels has changed. And if you change timeframe, the time frame has also changed.

It is clear to everybody. But apparently, it works for the customer.

--

You were sent to see a spider, why not go? Not a solution, of course, but it would add a little insight.

api:

What good is that? I have stretched the price chart window - the length in pixels has changed. Changed the timeframe - same thing.

It is necessary for relative percentage comparison. You can stretch and shrink as much as you want - everything is cool.

AlexSTAL:

Needed for a relative percentage comparison. You can stretch and shrink as much as you like, all tic-tac-toe

But what to do if the line ends are outside the window and are not visible - therefore have no graphic coordinates of the pixel, and the pixel itself does not exist?

api:

But what if the line ends are outside the window and are not visible - therefore have no graphic coordinates of the pixel, and no pixel itself?

You misunderstand. We are converting to a single unit of measurement through the scale of a square pixel. We don't work with the screen and its pixels at all. Take a look at the function.

AlexSTAL:

You don't get it. We are converting to a single unit of measurement through the scale of a square pixel. We don't work with the screen and its pixels at all. Look at the function.

Yes, I have already looked at it and understood it.

If it's about comparing at the same moment, then yes - it works. If that's all it takes, then problem - solved.

AlexSTAL:

I forgot to post the adapted code, maybe someone will need it

B1 and B2 are bar numbers

The code is not correct.

Because you can have indicator windows on the chart - this is one

(in this case, the height of the price window is unknown - and we get the total height) .

Secondly, it has exactly the error I was talking about -

when scrolling the chart left and right, the coefficients change.

to convert the price into pixels.

Mischek:
The Integer option is the only one, if you need a number.
I'll join the Integer fans in specifying the api . If you get a stable result, then you can judge something by it and dance around it.