Difference between manual and automated trading in MT4 for DCs - page 3

Andrei01:

What do you mean the press is emulated by WinAPI? The confirmation request is generated by the terminal.

Meaning can be emulated

Andrei01:

And you press cancel instead of confirming and see that the order has already been placed and cannot be canceled.

So what's the point of pressing a monkey's button like that, which doesn't affect anything?

I just pressed F9, admired the ticker -- and closed the window.

No order has appeared.

Swetten:

Just now I pressed F9, admired the ticker -- and closed the window.

No order appeared.

Read it carefully. Confirmation or cancellation is required after an order has been placed.

Andrei01:

And you press cancel instead of confirm and you will see that the order is already standing and you can't cancel it.

Then ask what is the point of a monkey's click like this, which has no effect on anything?

Can I have a screenshot of where there is an undo instead of an acknowledgement?

There are only two buttons there -- "OK" and "Print".

Or do you mean the big "cancel order" button?

I'm fine with cancelling if I'm in a hurry.

If not very -- then yes, the order will be executed.

P.S. Thank you for your experiment -- I just made 756.31 RUR and 362.82 RUR on AUDUSD. :)

http://yahoo.eu

Swetten:

Can I have a screenshot of where there is an undo instead of an acknowledgement?

There are only two buttons -- "OK" and "Print".

By cancelling, I meant clicking on the X in the corner to close the window instead of pressing OK.

However, if you close the window via X without pressing OK, the order is still confirmed, so there is no point in this OK.

The question is, what is the point of this idiotic click?

Andrei01:

By cancelling it was meant clicking on the X in the corner to close the window instead of pressing OK.

However, if you close the window via X without pressing OK, the order is still confirmed, i.e. there is no point in this OK.

The question is what is this idiotic click for?

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

You are being informed that your order has been successfully executed and at what price.

Which button you press -- "OK" or "X" -- does that confuse you?

That instead of the "OK" button you can just close the window?

Or what?

"A stop sell order is placed below the current market price and is executed when the bid price reaches or exceeds the specified level.
A Buy Stop is placed above the current market price and is executed when the bid price reaches or exceeds the specified level.
Stop orders are executed without slippage (under certain conditions) and can only be used for a limited list of currency pairs with a maximum value of 3,000,000. The order can only be placed at a distance from the market that is not less than the specified value in pips. The details can be found in the help system.

The following varieties of stop orders can also be used in your work:
Stop if Offered order. Used to protect against accidental execution of a stop order as a result of short-term spread widening in conditions of increased market volatility. It is not recommended to place this type of order to buy. The sell order will be executed when the Ask price reaches the level defined in the order. The order will be executed at the price "Bid".
A Stop if Bid order. Used to protect against the accidental execution of a stop order as a result of short-term spread widening in conditions of increased market volatility. It is not recommended to place this type of order to sell. A buy order will be executed when the Bid price reaches the level specified in the order. The order will be executed at the Ask price.

For Stop if Bid and Stop if Offered orders there is no minimum distance to be set. Orders may be executed with slippage. Stop if Bid and Stop if Offered orders may also be used for opening positions.

I have read many times about intentional slippage - not DC and not MT4. I think slippage is a market situation - the time of the signal, the response - during this time the price moves a certain number of pips. But a stop order is a broker's service - it is not market - the terminal counts it from the moment it is pressed - there is no slippage and 0.5 pips.

Swetten:

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

You are being informed that your order has been successfully completed and at what price.

Which button you press -- "OK" or "X" -- does that confuse you?

That instead of the "OK" button you can just close the window?

Or what?

My point is that this confirmation makes no sense and there is no way to override this completely redundant information in the settings.

If someone is suddenly interested in exactly what price an order was opened at, they can look at its list... I don't want to turn people into monkeys who just press the keys.

In a pinch, you can automatically close the window after 5 seconds, for example.

Andrei01:

What I mean to say is that this confirmation makes no sense and there is no way to override this completely unnecessary information in the settings.

If anyone wants to know at what price an order was opened, they can check its list... You do not have to turn people into monkeys just to press buttons.

If needed, you can automatically close the window in 5 seconds.

Sometimes your order cannot be executed.

Would you prefer to find out right away or after some time?

And in general, it was said that supposedly :

When you place an order manually, you have to confirm it manually, even though the order is already executed and there is no point in it.

Isn't this a signal for brokerage companies?

If you press cancel instead of confirming it, you will see that the order has already been executed and cannot be cancelled.

Then the question is what is the point of this monkey's push that has no effect?

If you are not aware of it, your order has been executed, you are already in the market.

If you are not aware of it, you are informed of the results of the operation, nothing more or less.

If you are not aware of it - there is no "manual confirmation".

If you are not aware of it, there are other keys to cancel the order.

If you don't like the interface, it's not up to me.