Let's sort out the phiba - page 5

Richie:

Not one person I have spoken to can explain to me what fibs have to do with forex. Not a single one. And if no one can, it means that they have nothing to do with it.

I haven't seen any EA working solely on Fibo.

This is only your subjective opinion and the opinion of those with whom you have communicated. I could give you the name of a trader who trades on these Fibs - not counting iNNovaTrade. If he agrees, of course.

Once again: it's not about who thinks they work or not. It's about knowing how to prepare them. It's not easy - just like for all the other "classics".

I recently asked people here. What is the average relation between the mathematical sum of heights of 2 neighbouring bars and their geometric sum of heights? Apart from Matemat, no one has been able to answer this question in any meaningful way at all.

Actually, I didn't really answer either, as the original question was different and I answered the first one.

Mathemat:
timbo, you must be well aware of the difficulties inherent in this very mathematical proof. Maybe it is not necessary and only a practical proof is enough?

He demanded a real (mathematical!) proof himself. I didn't drag him by his tongue.

For me personally, a practical proof would have been enough: we set clear rules, run it through history, get a statistically significant result - that's it, it's proven.

The proposed pamm can't be a proof, because we don't know the rules by which it does what.

Mathemat:

Once again: it's not a question of who thinks they work or don't work. It's about knowing how to cook them. It's not easy - as it is for all the other "classics".

"Cooking skills"... I've heard that before... Ah, yes... That reminds me... "The art of breaking down loks"...

Mathemat: It's a matter of knowing how to cook them.

So it's not just about fibs. It applies to any other indicator. I do not even doubt that fibs work, but levels are obviously taken out of thin air. Thus, we can say that it is not symbolic phibos but something else, some ratios of something to something, and it has nothing to do with phibos. We all know how to calculate the Fibo numbers, but what is the connection? I personally do not see the connection? Does anyone see it?

Regarding traders, of course I want to know. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the Swinosaurs. I know one, says he trades on fibs. And you know him, you've probably seen the video. Comrade Bratukhin:

Mathemat:

Once again: it's not a question of who thinks they work or don't work. It's about knowing how to cook them. It's not easy - as it is for all the other classics.

That's right. Fibonacci ratios are on the market - that's 100%. You need to read a lot of literature and have enough experience to understand how to apply them. Personally in my TS Fibo is a very important part.

Alex5757000: That's right. There are Fibonacci ratios in the market - that's 100%. You need to read a lot of literature and have enough experience to understand how to apply them. Personally in my TS Fibo is a very important part.
You may name the literature. After reading a lot of literature, not only Fibo is understood, and I'm not talking about experience at all.

Richie:

So it's not just about fibs. It applies to any other indicator. I do not even doubt that fibs work, but levels are obviously taken out of thin air. Thus, we can say that it is not symbolic phibos but something else, some ratios of something to something, and it has nothing to do with phibos. We all know how to calculate the Fibo numbers, but where is the connection? I personally do not see the connection? Does anyone see it?

Theoretically the connection could be presumed. I have already said it more than once.

The hypothesis: if crowds of people believe in fibos, then all of them, at least a lot of them, build them somewhere similar to each other, and then act in accordance with these levels. I.e. fibo levels don't make any sense at all, but become a self-fulfilling prediction.

Counter-hypothesis: there is such a mess in these fibs that no meaningful number of bidders can construct the same fibo levels, and hence the possible effect is blurred to zero.

There is no evidence, which means we have to accept that the fib does not work.

Alex5757000:

That's right. There are Fibonacci ratios in the market - that's 100%. You need to read a lot of literature and have enough experience to understand how to apply them. Personally in my TS Fibo is a very important part.

You should not limit yourself like that! If you approach it with imagination, i.e. with experience, you can find not only Fibonacci levels, but practically any other ratios and confirm the presence of the price at these levels on such "black" rows as the market. A tambourine dance is highly recommended.

Richie:

Comrade Bratukhin:

You have a talent for finding gophers and sculpting icons

Farnsworth:

You can't limit yourself like that! If you approach things with imagination, i.e. in the sense of experience, you can 100% find not only Fibonacci levels, but virtually any other ratios and confirm the presence of price at these levels on such "back rows" as the market. A tambourine dance is highly recommended.

But don't forget, when making tambourines, you need to consider Fibo to determine the diameters of the tambourines