The interaction of markets. - page 11

1. Correlation is a consequence, not a cause. If it is close to -1 or 1, then there is some reason why the two series are related.

2. Correlation formula R(x,y) = COV(x,y) / ((D(x)*D(y) )^1/2) - so the correlation depends only on row x and y, with the first numbers in the row contributing to R exactly the same as the last. What does it mean? That recalculating the correlation within a day is a futile exercise altogether.

3. If the correlation is close to 1, and X has changed, we can assume that Y will change too. The opposite is also true, so there are no leading slaves.

4. There is a correlation >0 between all stock markets because all countries are export-import related.

Almost all currencies have a correlation with the dollar and yen < 0, because the dollar and yen are considered the lowest risk currencies, and when economic conditions deteriorate investors go into these currencies, hence when economic growth (even if it has started in the US) risky currencies rise.

The Dow goes up, xxx/USD goes up, and USD/xxx goes down

But you cannot make money on this - because correlation will not answer the spread between them, and in general, in economics, in this damn pseudoscience based on your stupidity and greed, nobody owes anybody anything, and if they do - it is recouped so fast that you and your mt4 will be the last.

I calculate the Dow even half an hour before the NYSE opens, and during trading my calculation is more accurate than the exchange itself calculates it, but that does not give me an advantage. Basically, that's why I told you, because it doesn't :)

5. The assumption that there are slaves and leads in equities is just as ridiculous. Of course the correlation within an industry is stronger than between different stocks in different industries. So a strong report comes out for Sber, WTB bounces back at the same time as Sber, and the opposite is also true. Moreover, the americans release reports after trading and everything bounces right back on the open.

Risk >>:

1. Корреляция – это следствие, а не причина. Если она близка к -1 или 1, значит есть какая-то причина почему два ряда взаимосвязаны.

2. Формула корреляции R(x,y) = COV(x,y) / ((D(x)*D(y) )^1/2) – итак, корреляция зависит только от ряда x и y, при этом, вклад в R первые числа в ряду вносят точно такой же что и последний. Что это значит ? То что пересчитывать корреляцию внутри дня вообще бесполезное занятие.

3. Если корреляция близка к 1, и X изменился, можно предположить что Y тоже изменится. Справедливо и обратное, поэтому никаких ведущих ведомых не существует.

4. Между всеми рынками акций корреляция >0, потому что все страны между собой взаимосвязаны экспортом-импортом.

Почти все валюты имеют корреляцию с долларом и йеной < 0, так как доллар и йена считаются валюты с самым низким риском, и при ухудшении экономической ситуации инвесторы уходя в эти валюты, следовательно, при экономическом росте (даже если он начался в США) растут рискованные валюты.

Растет доу, растут xxx/USD, и падают USD/xxx

Но, заработать на этом нельзя – потому что корреляция не даст ответ какой должен быть между ними спред, и вообще, в экономике, в этой чертовой лженауке, основанной на вашей тупости и жадности, никто никому ничего не должен, а если и должен – это отыгрывается так быстро, что вы со своим мт4 будете последними.

Я рассчитываю Доу еще за полчаса до открытия NYSE, да и во время торгов мой расчет более точный, чем его рассчитывает сама биржа, но это не дает мне преимуществ. В принципе, поэтому и рассказал, потому что не дает :)

5. Предположение, что есть ведомые и ведущие в акциях так же нелепо. Конечно, корреляция внутри отрасли сильнее, чем между разными акциями разных отраслей. Ну вышел сильный отчет по сберу, втб отскочит одновременно со сбером, справедливо и обратное. Более того, амеры выпускают отчеты после торгов, и все отыгрывается сразу при открытии.

:)

I haven't reread the whole thread, so I don't know if it was mentioned here that correlation is a measure of a linear relationship.

And if the relationship is NELINEAR? Which is more likely.

TheVilkas писал(а) >>

I haven't reread the whole thread, so I don't know if it was mentioned here that correlation is a measure of a linear relationship.

And I don't see why it needs to be calculated at all, look at the graph and see everything.

The main thing is to find an explanation for the movements.

Risk >>:

А я вообще не понимаю зачем ее рассчитывать, посмотрел на график и всё увидел.

Главное, найти объяснение движений.

correlation is an objective measure, i.e. a number, a scalar, and a value independent of

independent of our opinion, subjective perception. That's the value.

an objective measure.

TheVilkas писал(а) >>

correlation is an objective measure, i.e. a number, a scalar, and a value independent of

independent of our opinion, subjective perception. That's the value.

an objective measure.

it depends on from which date to which date you take the data. And from this, it can change from - to +.

Objective measure ... ))))

Risk писал(а) >>

If it is close to -1 or 1, then there is some reason why the two series are related.

Is it always?

lea писал(а) >>
Is it always?

Read point 4 carefully: "in economics no one owes anyone anything"

TheVilkas писал(а) >>

I haven't reread the whole thread, so I don't know if it was mentioned here that correlation is a measure of a LINEAR relationship.

Co-integration

Risk >>:

она зависит от того, с какой даты и по какую дату ты будешь брать данные. И от этого, она может измениться от - до +.

Объективная мера ... бугагага :))))

Your comment shows the deepest knowledge of the subject. You amaze me....

It is what it is.