Ring - page 20

My statements about the Ring's balance are true only up to the point of breaking it.

For example, if after the ring opening I have let pairs move apart by about $150-200 (I count only the positive part as the negative one is always larger than it is on the spread) and EURJPY or GBPJPY turn "not on my side" after the local (or closing) "plus", then due to high pip value of these instruments the equity graph has a distinctive correlation with the price chart of these pairs.

Let me repeat that the degree of correlation between the price chart of a currency pair and the equity chart indicates the "share" of the pair in the total balance of the order basket.

Thus, if you intend to break the Ring, you should calculate the point value of the pairs remaining in deficit and add them with a fractional multiplication factor.

Constructive feedback is welcomed.

moskitman писал(а) >>
How's it going?

sever29 >>:
как успехи?

I am running the ring on the demo, making theories, testing hypotheses, and regularly reporting here...

The constructive dialogue seems to have been interrupted and will start again after the publication of very positive results, but the thread was opened specifically in search of constructive suggestions

moskitman писал(а) >>

1. I'm running the ring on the demo, making theories, testing hypotheses, regularly reporting here...

2. The constructive dialog seems to have been interrupted and will start again after the publication of very positive results, but the thread was opened specifically in search of constructive suggestions

check it out, I think your ring could use some... Currency trends http://www.mataf.net/en/tools/06-01-trend

2. constructive suggestions are in short supply here, but there's plenty of swearing, shitfighting and philosophizing. >>You've got a great thread.

sever29 >>:

посмотри, думаю твоему кольцу не помешает... тенденции валют http://www.mataf.net/en/tools/06-01-trend

2. Он вообще тут в дефиците, зато ругани, срачки и философствования в избытке. У тебя отличная тема.

Thanks, that's cool, but not my thing - I avoid trying to predict prices, but if I could find something similar on a market segment, on its breakpoints, that would be useful

moskitman писал(а) >>

Thanks, it's cool, but not my topic - I avoid price forecasting in every way, but if I could find something similar for a market segment, for its breakpoints, it would be useful.

the deal is simple, i.e. i don't know if you got it wrong, i don't know if you got it wrong. I would also try to go long in the primary analysis. By the way, there are 21 pairs there, like in the ring, but it's flexible and depends on the current moment in the frame and subjective analysis of symbol trends, you have static, you always enter in the same way and nothing else...

sever29 >>:

а ты разобрался по ссылке? что если пробывать входить в короткую по сильным валютам и длинную по слабым и наоборот... также перебрать ТФ первичного анализа. Кстати, там тож 21 пара, как и у кольца, однако там гибко и зависит от текущего момента на фрейме и от субъективного анализа тенденций инструментов, у тебя ж статика, входим всегда так и не как по другому...

1. tried something like that - barely got out afterwards... "kids had a bad streak..." (c) octopus and his octopus

2. why the other way around? Either way, there's balance, there's a spread, there's a stable half-knee difference. I absolutely don't care which one of them will go where - the balance will not be broken until the moment of rupture. Of course you can try to see what to do with whom - who to fill, who to turn, but I am a supporter of the same actions with the same orders, otherwise the multi-currency diversification loses its meaning.

It is more interesting when you take into account the weight coefficients in the ring by assigning them the appropriate volume at the input. By the way, why don't you use them? (there is an answer in the branch, but I couldn't find it).

sever29 писал(а) >>

It is more interesting when you take into account the weight coefficients in the ring by assigning them the appropriate volume at the input. By the way, why don't you use them? (there is an answer in the branch, but I couldn't find it).

Of course it's more interesting, because then the ring is unbalanced and it's not a ring anymore.

so how did it end? any noteworthy results?