What is everyone looking for? - page 4

SProgrammer писал(а) >> So the question is, what is everyone looking for?

Who is looking for what. Who is looking for money, who is looking for fun and who is looking to kill free time )))) What are you looking for? )))

Avals писал(а) >>

the speedometer shows the speed - an indicator. What decision the driver will make based on it is not in it (the speedometer).
Induces are the conversion of price, time and volume into a number on the output. A trade decision is a buy or sell of a certain size. In other words, it is a function with +-size as its output. And the inputs are price, time volum, their combination and their per-formations.
Price, time, volume -> transformation -> trade decision.
It is logical to separate what is between the initial series and the trading decision logic into a separate block.

Yes, I agree. There is a block here - even more - it can be called "converter" - it converts _any_ indicator to some "standard" indicator, which can be understood by any TS. Well, it's like a certain agreement on the transfer of parameters in programming. Typically, this indicator has only four states - "Sell", "Hold", "Buy", "Out of Market", but there may be more. For example, "Close sales but don't buy" etc.

LeoV писал(а) >>

Who does what. Who wants money, who wants fun, and who just wants to kill some free time )))) What are you looking for? )))

Hey, Leo. But I'm not talking about the philosopher's stone here. :) I'm just talking about indicators. :)

SProgrammer писал(а) >> Hey Leo. But I'm not talking about the philosopher's stone here. :) Just indicators. :)

What about indicators? Indicators are just a transformation of price. The whole question is about interpreting the values of that indicator or indicators, i.e. the patterns that exist in the market.

LeoV писал(а) >>

What about indicators? Indicators are just a transformation of price. The whole question is to interpret the values of this indicator or indicators, i.e. the patterns that exist in the market.

Well, let's take a simple indicator - "simple moving average", there are only a few "transformations" (which is essentially a TS) of it to a set of standard ones.

SProgrammer писал(а) >> Let's take a simple indicator - "simple moving average", there are only a few "transformations" (which is essentially a TS) of it to a set of standard ones.

Let's take it. Let's do it. So what next?

LeoV писал(а) >>

Let's take it. You got it. >> what's next?

That's what I'm saying. So we need to clean up the "credibility" of such an indicator.
All the indicators are just "predicting" what's going to happen. The way they say "sell" probably assuming that there will be fall, so it's simple - go and compare how reliable their prediction was.

That's what this topic is about. :)

SProgrammer писал(а) >>

Well, that's what I'm saying... So we need to clean up the "credibility" of such an indicator.
You have to understand that all the indicators are just "predicting" what will happen. The way they say "sell" probably assuming that there will be fall, so it's simple - just compare how reliable their prediction was.

That's what this topic is about. :)

i wonder how this current MA value says "sell"? :)
Although, there are some indices, in which the creators have tried to include the logic of trading decisions. For example, RSI or Stochastic... Well, there are levels above which it is recommended to sell and below which it is recommended to buy.

Actually, all strategies were invented a long time ago - :) Or nearly all of them

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sell_in_May
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buy_and_hold

:)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investment_strategy

Avals писал(а) >>

I wonder how this current MA value says "sell"? :)
Although there are some indices in which the creators have tried to squeeze in the logic of trading decisions as well. For example, RSI.

For example, if its derivative is negative. :) Or if the fast one has crossed the slow one... ...and so on. Why do we have to go over this again? :)