Is the advisor suitable for real life? - page 5

Dserg >>:

Тут всё как обычно:
бектестинг на истории, форвард вне зоны оптимизации.
Иначе не честно, зачем себя обманывать? :-)
:-)
And what do you do when the forward is unsatisfactory?
In other words, what goes to the furnace(?): the unsatisfied forward test parameter values, or the EA?

coaster писал(а) >>
:-)
And what do you do when the forward is unsuccessful?
In other words, what goes to the furnace (?): the unsatisfied forward test parameters, or the EA?

I usually optimize to win, until a forward is successful.
By the way, it is not thinking of the periods, by which the balance is filtered, so I can come up with a rationale for them.

Dserg >>:

Обычно оптимизирую до победного, пока форвард не заработает.

That's the thing, it's not 'forward earning', it's called.

And it's called - "optimisation with cheating skill has tacked on a forward period of time". :-)

coaster писал(а) >>

That's the thing, it's not "forward earned", it's called.

And it's called - "optimisation with cheating skill has tacked on a forward period of time". :-)

well said

Perhaps, perhaps. Forward does not guarantee anything.
In general, the idea of trading the balance curve is not new - it is described by Vince.

Hi all!
Who wants a tester grail on parabolic?
Optimisation for 2000-2006, successfully passes the forward for 2006-2010!

Forward for 2006-2010 (optimisation was for 2000-2006):

Test for 2000-2010 EURUSD H4:

Interesting?
Or do you think that such a forward can't be trusted anyway?

Dserg писал(а) >>
Forward for 2006-2010 (optimisation was for 2000-2006):

Interesting?
Or do you think that such a forward cannot be trusted anyway?
Why complicate the process so much? :)
Optimise at once from 2000 to 2010 according to the min drotown criterion and discover your "good-forward-test" parameters. It's much faster than handcuffing the forward tests.

coaster >>:
Зачем так усложнять процесс? :)
Оптимизируйте сразу с 2000 по 2010 по критерию мин дродауна и обнаружьте свои "гуд-форвард-тестовые" параметры. Это гораздо быстрее, чем наручнике отсеивать форвардные тесты.

I understand what you are saying. I.e. if I sifted the parameters manually, then implicitly the optimization was done on the whole sample. The problem is that I took the topmost set of parameters - and got what I got. Perhaps I got lucky.
The question is, then, how can we even judge that the EA is not fitted to the story?
I don't need over-optimised "grails" myself, I've been there, I know.

Dserg >>:

Я понимаю, о чём вы говорите. Т.е. если бы я отсеивал параметры вручную, то неявно оптимизация проводилась по всей выборке. Проблема в том, что я взял самый верхний набор параметров - и получил то, что получил. Возможно, повезло.
Вопрос в том, как тогда вообще судить о том, что советник не подогнан под историю?
Переоптимизированные "граали" мне и самому не нужны, плавал, знаю.
For me, another topic has been more pertinent for a very long time.