Channel, what are you? - page 3

alsu >>:
уже почти час смотрю на графики
Прошу высказывать мнения:) особенно по третьему пункту

It has long been observed that the "correct" segments of the safety gear have approximately the same slope. I think the third point is the easiest (and most economical) to control is the slope and span of the segments.

The second point comes down to compressing the information by constructing the "correct" SPZ (including filtering spikes) and then working only with its tops.

Is it OK that I am talking about RZ again? :)

Generally, there is another way of channel detection with the help of a gating, but I will keep silent about its essence.

tara >>:
Well, to get to the point, the channel in our case is formed due to inertia of the market when there is no news when the support/resistance level/limit is reached.

Yes, I agree. I can even illustrate it.

And now a question for you: is support always parallel to resistance on the channel?
To widen the question, is it possible that the angle of support is 0.2565 and resistance 0.2566 ?
if yes, may the angle of support be 0.2564 and resistance 0.2567 ?
if yes, could the angle of support be 0.2563 and resistance 0.2568 ?
etc. until the lines are converging even visually.
The point of the question is whether we should consider the process as common for both support and resistance (then the lines are always parallel),
or as separate processes forming support and resistance, in such case the channel may turn out to be a triangle.

The numbers for the angle are not important (the main point).

Urain писал(а) >>
And now a question for your enquiry: is support always parallel to resistance on the channel?
To widen the question, can the angle of support be 0.2565 and resistance 0.2566 ???
if yes, may the angle of support be 0.2564 and resistance 0.2567 ?
if yes, could the angle of support be 0.2563 and resistance 0.2568 ?
etc. until the lines are converging even visually.
The point of the question is whether we should consider the process as common for both support and resistance (then the lines are always parallel),
or as separate processes forming support and resistance, in such case the channel may turn out to be a triangle.

The numbers for the angle are not important (the main point).

If you separate out the ratios 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 0.9... Moreover, if a ratio at a lower TF triggers and then the same ratio at a higher TF triggers, you'll get a very strong set of lines around which the events will develop.

DDFedor >>:

вычлените коэффициенты 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 0.9... картинка станет более отчетливой. причем, если сработал коэффициент на более низком ТФ, а затем сработал этот же коэффициент на более высоком ТФ, то мы получаем очень сильный набор линий вокруг которого будут развиваться события.

The point of the question is: should the notion of a channel and a triangle be separated?

And if so, where is the line where you can say that this is an underexposed channel and this is an underexposed triangle?

Urain писал(а) >>

The point of the question is: should the notion of a channel and a triangle be separated?

And if so, where is the line where you can say this is an underexpanded channel and this is an underexpanded triangle ?

I think it depends on personal perception. my opinion is that a triangle is only a special case when figuring out the strength between channels and SAR lines. just like a smaller channel is part of a larger channel.

Urain >>:

Суть вопроса в том : стоит ли разделять понятие канал и треугольник ?

зы И если да то где грань, где можно сказать что это недотреуголенный канал?, а вот это недоканаленный треугольник ?

in the bisector...

;)

And maybe the channel is better to make a tape (flexible) at once a la Bollinger or an envelope? avatara, you said something about a non-thickness difference between muv and price - or did I misunderstand you...
P.S. An idiot's dream is to make an oscillator with no saturation effect near the edges, but for the edges to be fixed.

Mathemat >>:
А, может, канал лучше сразу сделать лентой (гибкой) а ля Боллинджер или конверт? avatara, ты ж ведь что-то говорил о нетолстохвостости разницы между мувом и ценой - или я тебя не так понял...

Yep. and Shiryaev's provocative sketches have been watched.

;)

Is that where he talks about other people's cars?