Avalanche - page 72

JonKatana >>:

В MetaTrader 5 те же типы ордеров (Buy, Sell, Buy Stop, Sell Stop, Buy Limit, Sell Limit), что и в MetaTrader 4. "Лавина" работать будет точно так же. В MT5 добавлены два новых типа ордеров - Buy Stop Limit и Sell Stop Limit, но они для "Лавины" не требуются.

In MT Reference 5:
  • Position
    A position is a market obligation, the number of contracts bought or sold on a financial instrument.A Long position is a financial instrument bought with the expectation of a price increase and a Short position is an obligation to deliver it with the expectation of a price decrease in the future. There can be only one position per account for each financial instrument.
  • How will an avalanche work, if the opposite positions will be constantly closing on possible reversals?

JonKatana >>:
Уже писал - для этого после начала получения прибыли нужно закрыть перекрытые ордера (одна команда) и поставить трал на оставшийся прибыльный ордер (вторая команда). Можно наоборот. Вместо того, чтобы закрывать 5-6 ордеров (5-6 команд). А если их будет 10? Я ничего не пишу просто так - читайте внимательнее.

I read carefully :)
You are not really aware of the internal processes that take place when you give trade orders.
So... When you give an order "Close overlapped orders" - you have the illusion that this is one command... It is not... It's you pushing the button once. And some things are just hidden from your eye.
In fact, it is only one command for two orders. If there are e.g. 4 orders, that's at least 2 trade orders.
OrderCloseBy(order1,order2)
OrderCloseBy(order3,order4)

This is just an example for ideal conditions with equal volumes of all orders. If the volumes are not equal, there will probably be more orders.
So, in real trading, for each and every order there are likely to be three things.
Just a pause - i.e. server does not execute the order for a very long time. (for various reasons, from bad connection to problems with brokerage company server, and much more).
Re-quoting is when you send an order at the price that is in your terminal and there are different quotes on the server and the broker refuses to execute the order because the prices in the order do not correspond to the current quotes and exceed the difference specified in the sleepage parameter. Although this situation does not concern blocked orders, since it does not really matter which price the order is closed at... the final result will not change. This is true for the brokerage company... But the price at which the blocked orders are closed is crucial in relation to the avalanche.
The third variant is if the slip is big enough - for example, we set 10 points to avoid requoting. Then it is very likely that the orders will be closed not at those prices at which you have given this order. This is called slippage. In the same way... it's not really important to close orders at what price they should close at, and it hardly applies here... but it's exactly in relation to the avalanche that it is critical...

If a slammed order closes in a wrong place, 10 or 20 points up or down. What will happen to the avalanche? The lots have closed (maybe), but the largest order that you rely on has probably remained in the red.
And this happens very often on the real market. Trust me. And better yet, try trading on the real market yourself to be sure.
And the higher the lot - the higher the probability of what I've described.
These things are known to everyone who trades with real money. And they always take these things into account when developing any strategy. But you are not aware of this.

JonKatana >>:

В MetaTrader 5 те же типы ордеров (Buy, Sell, Buy Stop, Sell Stop, Buy Limit, Sell Limit), что и в MetaTrader 4. "Лавина" работать будет точно так же. В MT5 добавлены два новых типа ордеров - Buy Stop Limit и Sell Stop Limit, но они для "Лавины" не требуются.

Again, you seem to be uninformed. In MT5 there are plans to do away with lots in principle. In other words, it will be impossible to open two positions simultaneously in different directions for the same instrument.

" Rosh 2009.12.07 18:08 #
The MetaTrader 5 platform does not prohibit trading in any direction, regardless of the direction of an already open position on the same instrument. Restrictions may only be due to trading regulations or temporary prohibitions in force. But the rule applies: zero or only one open position for each instrument."

However, the last sentence is not very clear.

lexandros >>:

The result of OrderCloseBy is always the same. Therefore, on MT4 the best reversal option is to open a double opposite position followed by an OrderCloseBy. On MT5 this is done automatically.

Still, how this fiction (loki) is messing with people's heads. Don't you know what a net position is?
Imagine that you are trading something real - e.g. shares. So, no matter what you do with your shares - buying, selling, you will still have a position on them, expressed in the number of shares (or lots). This position is ONE. There cannot be more than one position for one instrument. Zero shares - no position.

khorosh >>:

Но какая то разница для покупателя акций есть. К примеру купил 10 акций по 30 рублей и 20 акций по 40 рублей, или купил 30 акций по 40 рублей. Те же 30 акций, а затраты разные.

Of course. That's why the portfolio shows volume (number of shares, lots) and average purchase price.

I would recommend you - you're not familiar with real FX, are you? - Try a demo from a stockbroker. Everything will become clear at once.

khorosh >>:

Повторение - мать учения. См. мой пост от 30.03.2010 22:12.

Yes, I've seen it:) I was just trying to make it clearer...
Our jolly IronJohn is such a fanatic fellow - that short lines like yours seem to him like a grain of sand in the vastness of the universe:)
So I tried to explain - that "to close overlapped orders" - is actually not one command (if there are more than two orders), as it may seem during manual trading.
I don't know if my explanation will make any sense to the Universe: ))))

getch >>:

Результат OrderCloseBy всегда один и тот же. Поэтому на MT4 лучший вариант переворота - открытие удвоенной противоположной позиции с последующим OrderCloseBy. На MT5 это происходит автоматически.

By the way... OrderCloseBy is certainly a very handy thing... I've been using it for a long time and whenever possible... Firstly, there are fewer orders, and secondly, it saves on spreads...
But another thing is not so nice - processing of execution errors with this function is completely undocumented... And I personally do not know how to process the result. This is disappointing.

:) You shouldn't have quoted the reference. I know it as well as you do.
The problem is this. When an error occurs in the OrderCloseBy function, it usually causes error 3 (ERR_INVALID_TRADE_PARAMETERS) which is quite problematic to interpret and catch such an error.
In addition, there are two orders involved in a trade order. An error may be generated through the fault of either of them. This also presents some difficulties when interpreting.