[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 89

Richie >>:

ОТВЕТ на задачу №6, про гайку:

-

Как могла металлическая гайка плавать на воде и выпрыгнуть из ведра? Все подумали, что гайка стальная, однако, я этого не писал.

Гайка сделана из калия. А как это происходит, хорошо видно вот на этом видео: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kVOyqyt5UI

К сожалению нет видео с 100-граммовым куском, но эффект там гораздо лучше. Повторять не советую - очень опасно.

I can hardly imagine what can be fixed with a potassium nut.

Richie >>:

ОТВЕТ на задачу №6, про гайку:

-

Как могла металлическая гайка плавать на воде и выпрыгнуть из ведра? Все подумали, что гайка стальная, однако, я этого не писал.

Гайка сделана из калия. А как это происходит, хорошо видно вот на этом видео: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kVOyqyt5UI

К сожалению нет видео с 100-граммовым куском, но эффект там гораздо лучше. Повторять не советую - очень опасно.

Mathemat gave the right answer. Other metals of the alkaline group would probably be fine.

ANSWER to problem #7, about nails:

MetaDriver, I understand that you are confused by the fact that the metal of the nails is the same. That's exactly what a lot of people think. They think there should be no EMF in the circuit. However, this is not the case. I purposely took a solution of table salt, so that everyone could try this experiment from the comfort of their own homes. Whoever doubts that this galvanic cell will produce EMF - just try it. The trick is that the contact area of the nails with the solution is different, so that the EMF will necessarily be different from zero.

joo писал(а) >>

Mathemat gave the right answer. Other metals of the alkali group would probably work as well.

joo, where is his answer, I can't find it?

Sodium usually doesn't fly out of water, lithium even less so. Rubidium is generally a combustible in air.

joo >>:

Да, довольно таки просто.

Am I correct in assuming that three points are also enough ?

vegetate писал(а) >>

I can hardly imagine what can be fixed with a potassium nut.

Potassium is not a good idea. But gold and platinum nuts are sometimes made.

Richie >>:

joo, А где его ответ, я не могу найти? 1)

Натрий обычно не вылетает из воды, литий - тем более. Рубидий - вообще загорается на воздухе. 2)

1) I can't show you where, it's 89 pages too long. I just remember.

2) I didn't do the experiments myself, I just made an assumption.

joo писал(а) >>

1) I can't show you where, it's 89 pages too long. I just remember.

2) I didn't do the experiments myself, I just made an assumption.

OK, Mathamat's answer is accepted as correct.

Mischek >>:
Я правильно понимаю, трёх точек тоже достаточно ?

You have to use 4 points.Through 3 points you can build many squares. And through 4 only one (if there was one at all, because not every 4 points can be used to build a square).

joo >>:

Нужно использовать 4 точки.Через 3 точки можно построить множество квадратов. А через 4 только один.

"Envelope" drawing?

no, bullshit.

Well, maybe it's time to share with the public.