[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 177

alsu >>:
заметил, что как появилась эта темка, остальной форум как-то потускнел:))

I've estimated today, in a fortnight, 170 pages. In two months, it will be at the top of the top.

In half a year we should think about renaming the forum.)

If Alexei can keep up the momentum.

Richie >>:

alsu,

это не диод, но близко.

Hence the thyristor.

--

// At least the rhyme seems right to me

Richie писал(а) >>

Why look. It says it 's complicated. The fact that there are no coincidences is known to all; the question is how to derive that very complex formula. What's God got to do with it?

When I hear that someone "deduced" a formula that describes everything, I involuntarily think of a drug that cures all diseases. The same nonsense. This too is most likely a trace of the level of thinking of the newspapermen.

If the man deduces something, it is, say, an equation or a system of equations. If he's doing non-commutative geometry, as the Templeton Foundation website says, then it could be equations that describe that geometry or groupoid. But certainly not a formula. However, for newspaper people, anything that contains an equal sign is a formula. :-)

And I would like to see what kind of mathematics is involved and what quantities (=concepts) are used. In modern physics two theories - classical and quantum, are still trying to find a universal description of the universe.

It's not a thyristor, it's not a dynistor, it's not a transistor, but it strongly resembles 2 diodes connected with anode to cathode.

Once again, it has something to do with electronics.

Mathemat, you know a thyristor has three pins. There are only two.

Some bullshit like an IGBT transistor or some other -istors.

I'm not very good at electronics, to be honest. Especially high-voltage ones.

Richie >>:

Это не тиристор, не динистор, не транзистор, но это сильно напоминает 2 диода, включенных анодом к катоду.

Ещё раз повторяю, это имеет отношение к электронике.

This stuff is street-legal.

High voltage

Not electrical, not high power radio transmitter

Don't know the area where it (3) intersects

Richie >>:

Просили по проще :)

How to light a cigarette from a high power radio transmitter antenna ?

Find a radio operator and ask for a light. :)

Swetten >>:

Найти связиста и попросить огоньку. :)

So the communicator suffers without a lighter

All right, I won't torture you again. It's the RVO-6 arrester. Aka semiconductor varistor, aka valve. It protects power lines and consumers from lightning strikes. When the mains voltage rises, it sharply reduces its resistance. What's it got to do with electronics? It protects them. It is usually installed either on poles or in substations. You can find out more on the internet.