[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 492

TheXpert:
The task gets harder :) Medvedev can only call two-digit numbers :)
This is an asshole!

TheXpert:

1) 1 2 4 8 16 32 64

2) 1 3 9 27 81

Uh-huh. The fourth and fifth are tougher.

Mathemat:

Exactly, the task is simple. MD, kudos!

But what about 1 and 2 of the problems?

1: 1,2,4,8,16,32,64 - 7 in total. Who is less?

2: It's not clear yet, but definitely no more than 7.

2) 1, 3, 8, 21, 54

Well yes, I had my suspicions about base 3 in the second one too.

MetaDriver:

The simplest: X=1, Y=100, Z=10000

I hope you don't need to comment. :)

Moral of the problem - don't complicate your life :)

TheXpert:

2) 1 3 9 27 81

How do you weigh 5 grams?

TheXpert:
9 - 3 - 1

Yeah. Right.

Bedtime :)

PapaYozh: Right. Right.
And now you have to prove it as well. It's almost obvious, but you still have to.

An old riddle, don't judge too harshly if anyone has already riddled it). Once upon a time there was a shoemaker. He was selling boots for 25 rubles per pair. Came to him as a disabled man without a right leg and asked to sell him one left boot instead of a pair of polusumma - for 12.50 rubles. The shoemaker took a long time, but took pity and agreed. After a while, another invalid without a left foot came to the same cobbler and asked him to sell him his right boot. The shoemaker agreed, because he still had an extra boot from that pair. He also sold a second cripple a boot for 12.50 rubles.

In the end, the shoemaker sold a pair of boots for 25 rubles, just as he wanted. After a while, he felt pity for the invalids and decided to give them a discount. He called his servant, gave him 5 rubles from the 25 rubles, and sent him to the two invalids, so that he would give them the same 5 rubles for both of them. The servant proved to be cunning and decided to keep 3 roubles out of the 5 roubles, leaving the remaining 2 roubles to the invalids.

In the end, disabled people are happy, they bought a boot for 12.50-1 = 11.50 rubles, so they brought profit cobbler 23 rubles. But the servant left 3 rubles. The total was 26 rubles, although in circulation were the same 25 rubles, then Where did the ruble come from?

It's like "where's the money, Zin," only in reverse.