[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 396

twins/twins should also be taken into account...

;)

FreeLance:

twins/twins should also be taken into account...

;)

what do you mean ?

question/answer about the little one... in terms of formal definitions, there is no prohibition to consider children of the same age.

Therefore there are ensembles - three twins, two... etc.

;)

FreeLance:

question/answer about the little one... in terms of formal definitions, there is no prohibition to consider children of the same age.

So there are ensembles - three twins, two, etc.

;)

No, it's taken into account, read it for yourself

Vita, don't tell me the answer yet. It's a problem that's got me...

The number of windows is composite? Not necessarily: it is not clear whether it is the number of windows in the house or only on one side. This parameter is uninformative at the beginning, but becomes informative after the second question.

P.S. Well, in short, given the realistic age constraints of a friend who is still interested in beer, there is a solution and the only one. Let's not forget that all ages of children are different!

The task is easily solved by a simple script. Purely analytically, without a computera, I do not know how to solve it.

P.S. Here is an interesting example: at age 90 even after the third question there are two valid solutions - 2, 3, 15 and 1, 9, 10.

Mathemat:

Vita, don't tell me the answer yet. It's a problem that's got me...

The number of windows is composite? Not necessarily: it is not clear whether it is the number of windows in the house or only on one side. This parameter is uninformative at the beginning, but becomes informative after the second question.

P.S. Well, in short, given the realistic age constraints of a friend who is still interested in beer, there is a solution and the only one. Let's not forget that all ages of children are different!

The task is easily solved by a simple script. Purely analytically, without a computera, I don't know how to solve it yet.

P.S. Here is an interesting example: at age 90 even after the third question there are two valid solutions - 2, 3, 15 and 1, 9, 10.

The number of windows is a number. A friend counted the windows and got a number. Assumptions about the nature of the structure of the house or the arrangement of the windows are not necessary.

How can you assume that all ages of children are different?

It turns out that 90 years old doesn't fit the conditions, because there was no fourth question.

In short, in the conditions of mathematical problems there should be no room for ambiguity, as when looking at an artist's picture, I see a sunrise, the other sees a sunset.

The different ages of the children are stated in the condition - "my youngest is a redhead".

Mischek:

In short, in the terms of mathematical problems there should be no room for discrepancies as when looking at an artist's painting, I see a sunrise, the other sees a sunset.

The different ages of the children are stated in the condition "my youngest is a redhead".

This is a hint that no two younger ones are the same age, and a hint that no two older ones can be the same age.

Integer:

and a hint that the two elders might have the same age.

I don't think so. The word "most" seems to be redundant.

In short, there are again discrepancies

Mischek:

I don't think so. The word "most" seems to be redundant.

There's a difference of opinion again.

Exactly, if the most, it means three different ages, an implication that everyone has different ages.