[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 391

FreeLance:

Yep... Alpha is no longer a beta... Release.

DDD

Put some commas in there though, don't be lazy. I'm stuck here: "Alpha's no longer a beta." Good thing I read on, it made more sense. )

Your sparkling humour appeals to me.

Only the nails were wasted for nothing.

Close to the integer lattice, they were kind of on point...

And you're point-blanking them.

You didn't notice.

Then a question!

Is there an understanding of these discretizations for Comrade H, or is it also an abstraction?

If so, how do we normalize them?

If not, why should we attach ourselves to the Tmutarakan measure and not to the Paris metre?

The angles between A,B,C are 360/3=120, what is the area of the large triangle?

1/2*(AB+AC+BC)*Sin(PI*2/3)

yuripk:
1/2*(AB+AC+BC)*Sin(PI*2/3)
thanks already solved )

A simple maths test[http://free.intershop.it/mathematical-free-iq-test1.htm]. Share your scores :) P.S. The whole test should take no more than 15 minutes.

34, but of course that's pure chance :)

Spent definitely less than 15 minutes, and some of the last ones I just didn't test, got bored - and didn't even answer.

P.S. This is definitely not an IQ test. Yes, by the way, you can cheat here by putting all the answers on a phoner. The total would be 20 plus or minus 9 in 95% of cases. It's very easy to get a superior score in a few tries.

7 minutes, 35. I read the result and was blown away:)

I got 28. Some questions were skipped too :)

Mathemat:

34, but that's pure chance of course :)

Spent definitely less than 15 minutes, and some of the last ones I just didn't test, got bored - and didn't even answer.

P.S. This is definitely not an IQ test. Yes, by the way, you can cheat here by putting all the answers on a phoner. The total would be 20 plus or minus 9 in 95% of cases. It's very easy to get a superior score in a few tries.

Even without cheating, an experienced accountant's eye, for example, in items 29-30 says "I don't believe it". 29-30 immediately says "I do not believe", or in item 35 see that 4 * 7 = 22, which again points to false. Altogether counting only two-digit examples and estimating probability of the rest you get 35 points at once.

Monty Hall's paradox

There are three boxes: "A", "B" and "C", one of them contains a prize, the others are empty. You choose "A". The presenter knows exactly where the prize is and first opens the obviously wrong choice "B", showing that it is empty. Then he asks if you want to change your choice. Now you have the option to stay with option "A" or change it to "C".

Is it worth changing your choice and why?