[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 90

Richie >>:

ОТВЕТ на задачу №6, про гайку:

Все подумали, что гайка стальная, однако, я этого не писал. Гайка сделана из калия.

I really didn't write it down, man. I didn't limit myself to the steel nut though, I tried on the brass one too. :))

Great job!

// I watched the video, too. It's cool.

Richie >>:

Ладно, ответ Математа принимается, как правильный.

I actually wrote it purely for the sake of banter (like, "That wasn't a simple nut, it was potassium..."), and I had it in my P.S. And then erased the postscript: I didn't want to be distracted.

2 Mischek: wait a bit, the guys will tell you.

Richie >>:

ОТВЕТ на задачу №7, про гвозди:

MetaDriver, понимаю, вас смутило то, что металл у гвоздей одинаковый. Именно так думают многие. Думают, что ЭДС в цепи быть не должно. Однако это не так. Я специально взял в качестве раствора - раствор поваренной соли, чтобы была возможность попробывать этот опыт у всех, не выходя из дома. Кто сомневается в том, что данный гальванический элемент будет вырабатывать ЭДС - просто попробуйте. Вся фишка в том, что площадь соприкосновения гвоздей с раствором разная, так, что ЭДС будет обязательно отличной от нуля.

I don't believe it! I can't check it right away, though - I don't have the right tool at hand... I'll have to do it sometime. :)

Mischek >>:

"Конвертик" рисуем ?

не, бред

Ну наверно пора поделиться с общественностью

I'm wandering around... So far I found a curious ratio - the sum of squares of sides of a quadrilateral obtained by joining four points is equal to the sum of squares of eight (!) segments cut off by these points on the sides of the original square. It follows from the Pythagoras theorem. Nothing else has been born yet.

MetaDriver писал(а) >>

I don't believe it! I can't check it right away, though - I don't have the right tool handy... I'll have to do it sometime. :)

OK. A household multimeter will do.

Richie >>:

ОК. Пойдёт бытовой мультиметр.

That's exactly what's missing.

MetaDriver >>:

Я где-то рядом брожу... пока нашёл любопытное соотношение - сумма квадратов сторон четырёхугольника получающегося соединением четырёх точек равна сумме квадратов восьми (!) отрезков, отсекаемых этими точками на сторонах исходного квадрата. Из теоремы пифагора следует. Больше пока ничего толкового не родил.

Ah yes - there is also the fact that all corners of the square must be located on the circles circumscribed around each side of the "secondary" quadrilateral (if you stick the compasses in their midpoints - i.e. make diameters out of them). But somehow this fact does not help.

:-)

That's understandable, xeon. The main thing is to work out which angle to draw the first side of the square.

it's too fuel-hungry, so it won't fly for a long time :-)

same thing: