To follow up - page 17

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

2 Yurixx:

Reading the wording makes me jealous. I wish I could do it that way.

Thanks for the kind words. :-)

The formulation is nothing but a seed for a general picture, maybe. But the parametrization of the phase space - it's a deal. The task, as you may imagine, is non-trivial. However, I do not think it is insoluble. Otherwise, where do successful traders come from? How do GS, MRLN and other sharks earn billions?

I would have had enough lemon greens, too.

In general, congratulations to everyone on the passing, already gone, coming and already come( there are manytime zones, it's hard to tell at once)! I wish all of you progress towards freedom ("deliberate necessity", according to Spinoza).

Yes, yes, money is minted freedom (C) Dostoyevsky :)

Happy New Year to all!

Happy New Year and the right context in all your endeavours! :)

Yurixx >>:

Спасибо на добром слове. :-)

Формулировки - это так, семечки, для общей картинки разве что. А вот параметризация фазового простанства - это дело. Задачка, как вы сами понимаете, нетривиальная. Однако, не думаю, что неразрешимая. Иначе откуда берутся успешные трейдеры ? И как спрашивается зарабатывают свои миллиарды всякие там GS, MRLN и прочее акулье отродье ?

A new year has come.

It means new worries, ideas, doubts and delusions.

Now I can't understand the expediency of the definition through phase space.

Intoxication apparently...

The truth of life is overwhelming... Not a single parameter (coordinate) has been named yet. And already supposedly a roadmap! ;)

Is this meant to scare the Nerds?

Or is there a "road map"?

Don't be stingy.

Time to contextualise the scholastic arguments about stationarity... Especially if everyone understands the term differently.

And the prediction-memory thing is worth mentioning.

Or is it like sticking your finger in boiling water - maybe it won't hurt anymore?

I understand that in a certain context the word prognosis is really irrelevant - the context is the condition- prognosis.

Or is it?

Sorento писал(а) >>

On January 1 at 5:21 a.m., posting on topics like this ... Totally intoxicated. :-)

Phase space is a physical term with a clearly defined meaning. It refers to a means of describing systems of any nature. If this term frightened you, that's all right, it will pass with time. There is no complexity in it. It is just a space of parameters, the totality of which is necessary and sufficient to describe the behavior of the system.

The road map was just an illustration for you to make the term easier to understand. I love nature and I love botanists too, I am not snobbish towards them, I am a botanist in many areas myself.

One parameter has already been named by the topic-starter. It is liquidity. Perhaps volume is just its quantitative expression. I have to ask Peter about it. Or maybe there is another measure for liquidity?

I can throw in another one - volatility. As you can see, no tricks. Volatility has long been steadily used to describe market conditions. The question of what to measure it in also has its answer - dispersion or sko. But I think that for volatility it is far from being the only option. We should think about others.

Now it's your turn. :-)

If everyone here would name at least one meaningful parameter, it would be quite a few. And maybe even enough.

Yurixx >>:

Один параметр уже назван топикстартером. Это ликвидность. Возможно объем - это как раз ее количественное выражение. Нужно спросить об этом Петра. А может для ликвидности есть другое средство измерения ?

Могу подбросить еще один - волатильность. Как видите, никаких измышлений. Волатильность давно и устойчиво используется для описания состояния рынка. Вопрос в чем ее измерять тоже имеет свой ответ - дисперсия или ско. Но думаю, что для волатильности это далеко не единственный вариант. Надо бы подумать и о других.

Теперь ваша очередь. :-)

Если каждый из присутствующих назовет хотя бы по одному знАчимому параметру, то наберется немало. А может и достаточно.

Happy New Year, everyone. I will try to intervene in the discussion. Liquidity and volatility are meaningful parameters that can claim to be market "coordinates". The main thing is that these values should be independent of each other, i.e. reflect some new characteristic property of the market. Another question is what is the dimensionality of this phase space, i.e. how many of these significant characteristics.

Yurixx >>:

Один параметр уже назван топикстартером. Это ликвидность. Возможно объем - это как раз ее количественное выражение. Нужно спросить об этом Петра. А может для ликвидности есть другое средство измерения ?

Могу подбросить еще один - волатильность. Как видите, никаких измышлений. Волатильность давно и устойчиво используется для описания состояния рынка. Вопрос в чем ее измерять тоже имеет свой ответ - дисперсия или ско. Но думаю, что для волатильности это далеко не единственный вариант. Надо бы подумать и о других.

Теперь ваша очередь. :-)

Если каждый из присутствующих назовет хотя бы по одному знАчимому параметру, то наберется немало. А может и достаточно.

Time..... the time during which certain parameters of the same volatility or liquidity are observed.

No matter how you look at it, the value of this time horizon has a value of its own.

What should we call this time? The convenience of naming it means a lot.

Mathemat >>:

Как назвать это время? Удобство названия очень много значит.

Maybe the 'lifetime' of the pattern/state?