Spread trading in Meta Trader - page 185

paukas:
This is not the case. If you trade classically, you will have to lose money for several years. And that's if you're lucky.
But still, you'll have to lose! :)

leonid553:

Information for reflection:

Och. interesting in the last 2-3 weeks is going in a predictable channel "BRENT oil - MAZUT" spread, - BRBV1-HOU1=1^1

Spread channel width is $45-55 with position size =0.1 ! It makes sense to figure short term buying/selling of the spread from border to border of the channel !

Now we are going to buy the spread from the lower border: BUY BRNV1 - SELL HOU1

Settings of the spread indicator:

Shortly after this post I opened BUY BRNV1 - SELL HOU1=0.1:0.1 position and closed it this morning recently (at the upper boundary) in tiny total profit - almost at breakeven. I got in too early. The arrow showed entry and exit levels.

It is better to expand the channel boundaries of the spread line in the spread indicator settings to 2.5 units. Then the intended paired entries will be generated a little later and the chart will look like this:

The September U-contract of fuel oil already expires tomorrow or the day after and becomes illiquid. Therefore, it is better to take the October, V-contract now!

Cmu4:
But still - I'll have to flush it! :)
If you're lucky.

Come on. It's just that the classical method is an elastic term. It depends on what you mean. In a general sense, it will drain itself. Otherwise, this forum would be full of real, not pseudo- but real ragpickers. It's not even clear what the debate is about.

The 21st issue of Leprechaun Review is now freely available.

http://www.lepreconreview.com/

The article"Quasi-arbitrage in MT4" (p. 55) presents promising October mid- and long-term paired entries (spreads) on multi-year seasonal trends.

In addition, for the month of October, there are promising single seasonal entries in commodities (grains, commodities, soft commodities)!

===============

... ...

Good luck to all!

Thanks to the moderators for the restored drawing. Only, it wasn't quite like that!

The picture in the previous post dated 1.10.2011 was not this one, but this one:

==============================

I want to use this opportunity to point out that the soybean price started moving in this "declared" way in early October and has been increasing ever since! -

leonid553:

Thanks to the moderators for the drawing. Only, it wasn't quite like that!

The drawing in the previous post dated 1.10.2012 was not this one, but this one:

==============================

I take this opportunity to point out - that the price of soybeans started going up at the beginning of October in the "declared" way, and is still going up! -

Cool. Clear. That's the analysis.

The 22nd issue ofLeprechaun Review is now available.

http://www.lepreconreview.com/
The article"Quasi-arbitrage in mt4" (p. 50) presents promising November mid- and long-term paired entries (spreads) on multi-year seasonal trends.
In addition, promising single seasonal entries in commodities (grains, commodities, soft commodities) are offered for the month of November!

leonid, can you tell me if the CME website now allows you to build a tumbler like the one on the picture? In the old design, I remember there was a glass, but now I only see Time and Sales.

You can, but not for all instruments.

Go to http://datasuite.cmegroup.com/ (you have to register), - move the arrow to the required group of instruments in the menu (agro, metals, forex, etc. ...)

And (in the dropdown window) you select the required one, - e.g. GC Gold. Unfortunately, there are only slips for "single" contracts (5 steps). And on spreads, - only (see right) current volumes-orders and prices of asc-last-bid: