Spread trading in Meta Trader - page 204

===========

Silver and gold have separated quite a bit. With the beginning of the convergence of price lines I suppose to sell the spread: SELL SIN2 - BUY GCM2 = 1^2 (XAG ^ XAU )

Positions closing - at the point of convergence (M30). Good luck to all!

leonid553:

===========

Silver and gold have separated quite a bit. With the beginning of the convergence of price lines I suppose to sell the spread: SELL SIN2 - BUY GCM2 = 1^2 (XAG ^ XAU )

Leonid, did you have any idea to implement your strategy on MT5, because TS conditions are formalized (well, on the price lines to gather statistics for the optimal divergence)?
If you have an automated TS on MT5, you could increase significantly the number of tested instruments, check TFs, optimal parameters and much more...

Do you know if Sergei Ogarkov has not moved to MT5 yet, are his indicators for mq5 available to the public?

On m15 the system works worse in most cases - hampered, often, by the unjustifiably large spread of the asc-bid on SFD and/or spot symbols ( - answer to question in private).

====================

I'm not a professional programmer (but a humble amateur) and programming in mt5 is beyond me. Moreover, there are almost no commodity-funds instruments in mt5 , and I'm not interested in working with currencies. For me Sergei, as far as I know, has not dealt with mt5 either. You can communicate with him in private - his nickname is Son_Of_Earth (e.g. on Broko forum).

sv.:

If I'm not familiar with it yet, there is no idea to use binary indicators on mql5, because TS conditions are formalized.
If you have an automated TS on MT5, you could increase significantly the number of tested instruments, check TFs, optimal parameters and much more...

Do you know if Sergey Ogarkov switched to MT5 yet, are his indicators for mq5 available to the public?

Sov on 5 is already written, sort of - see this forum page B.... + to the left - to the right of it a few pages each, BUT, not yet... :-) not posted...

I am still getting acquainted with mql5...

Roman.:

Owl on 5 has already been written - see this forum page B.... + to the left - to the right of it a few pages each, BUT, not yet... :-) not posted...

I myself am still just getting acquainted with mql5...

I'd like to properly translate the equity indicator in MQL5, and then it's a matter of technique... + there is already an indicator of price lines on the net.
I started to look into mql5, not everything is simple there. There are no built-in functions for calculating EnvelopeOnArray and StDevOnArray. I can still deal with EnvelopeOnArray (Integera has a library with an example how to implement it), but I haven't found an example of StDevOnArray. Because of that, I can't translate Equity oscillator. + And on top of that, the synchronization is a bit complicated.

leonid553:

===========

Silver and gold have separated quite a bit. With the beginning of the convergence of price lines I suppose to sell the spread: SELL SIN2 - BUY GCM2 = 1^2 (XAG ^ XAU)

Closing positions now at a very small loss... (I could switch to tf-n1 and wait for the price lines to converge, but I decided not to take the risk....

leonid553:

I am closing positions now with a very small loss... (I could switch to tf-n1 and wait for the price lines to converge, but I decided not to take the risk....

Thank you Leonid for the info - I have a demo - I will wait some more, although silver is already getting ready to take off, it seems...

There has not yet been a crossing of the Ind_2Line+1 indicator lines.

I have the slow and fast MA periods set in the SI-GC spread indicator (not 21 and 8, but ) to 18 and 6 respectively.

leonid553:
I have the slow and fast MA periods set in the SI-GC spread indicator (not 21 and 8, but ) to 18 and 6 respectively.

I see.

Lately, the precious metal spreads from the Indian CHM floor(exchange) have been looking very good. Silver - gold SILN2 - GOLDM2=1^1 - on m15 / m30.

Especially, for real exchange trading. Analysis can be done in mt4, and positions can be opened with a stockbroker. With a small risk it is even possible to paired share, if initially the spread goes into minus. And the margin is quite small. (I sold this spread on m15 in the morning today and closed profitable in the afternoon - yellow arrow)