Intuition testing - page 14

alsu >> :

>> ...which once again points in Laplace's favour.

You got it, you tongue-tied devil :)

IlyaA >> :

You got it, you tongue-tied devil :)

I'm already having second thoughts myself....

IlyaA >>: Could you please tell me how to approach risk assessment?

I don't use distribution returns to assess risk. I think it is more correct to model sequences of trades - if possible.

alsu >> :

I'm already having second thoughts myself....

It now seems to me that pricing is a generalised Poisson process, which is non-stationary in intensity on short intervals, but on larger intervals - where we estimate statistics - its average value is quite smooth. Hence, the distribution graph should be a curve (L^k)/k!*exp(-L), where L is the intensity.

P.S. You stop me if you get carried away...

alsu >> :

It now seems to me that pricing is a generalised Poisson process, which is non-stationary in intensity over short intervals, but over large intervals - where we estimate statistics - its average is quite smooth. Hence, the distribution graph should be a curve (L^k)/k!*exp(-L), where L is the intensity.

P.S. You stop me if you get carried away...

I think so too. This is where the most reliable filter comes in - the integration of a random variable. And we have a stationary series or so on the days.

IlyaA >> :

I think so too. Here the most reliable filter is activated - the integration of a random variable. And we have a stationary series on the days, or so it seems.

Yeah. What especially inclines me to this idea is that the sum of Poisson processes is also a Poisson process, so the shape of the curve on, say, hours, four-hours, and daily periods should be the same, which is generally confirmed by the experiment. The only confusion is the requirement of independence of the increments - and they are known to be a function of the so-called "market mood" to some extent.

alsu >> :

Yeah. What especially inclines me to this idea is that the sum of Poisson processes is also a Poisson process, so the shape of the curve on, say, hours, four-hours, and daily periods should be the same, which is generally confirmed by the experiment. The only confusion is the requirement of independence of the increments - and they are known to be a function of the so-called "market mood" to some extent.

Yes. It is necessary to call Reshetov, it is interesting what he will tell. :)

IlyaA >> :

Yeah. We should call Reshetov, I wonder what he's gonna say. :)

>> I wish there was a "call so-and-so" button.)

And you can write to him in person. :)

IlyaA >> :

Yes. It is necessary to call Reshetov, it is interesting what he will tell. :)

I won't say anything, except that the discussion is nerdy blather, and I'm not interested as it has little or nothing to do with applied trading.

Ordinary rubbish of nerds: who will use more scientific terms in fludder, he is cooler.