That's the style! :) - page 3

Urain писал(а) >>

And a lot of people talk about this style too:

for me personally, I completely lose the point of the code, I just can't see it.

And for me your code is already tense.

if( условие)
{ оператор;
if( условие)
{ оператор;
}
}

или этот вооще отпад:

if ( условие)
{ оператор;
if ( условие)
{ оператор;
}
}

Мой вариант и используемый в MQL5

if( условие)
  {
   оператор;
   if( условие)
     {
      оператор;
     }
  }

Urain >> :

I don't really care what you say about my style, just like I don't think you care what I think about yours, the point is that it used to be formatted so badly for me, now it's so badly for you. Hence the moral of making Styler customizable.

+1

I'm used to this style.

if ( ...
{
   for (
   { 

} 
}

---

everyone's style is different.

It's good if the styler developers do a couple of styles.

YuraZ >> :

I'm used to this style.

It's good if the styler developers do a style or two.

>> I second that.

For better or worse...

Personally, I've been writing in Cee for about 22+ years (it started before "LETI" knew about the existence of Cee, and I also wrote in PL/1, Fortran, assembler, Fox+ etc.). This style of MQL5 is not normal. The branch author's complaint is justified. Just yesterday I posted here a link to PolyStyler that has some samples of ROBOT styles, the style is not present there like in MQL5, but you can tweak it for special perversions with your own hands.

Azzx >> :

I would rewrite the first example a little differently - it's close to what I actually use:

Agree - a few spaces and hyphenation and it all looks a lot clearer already. :)

The main thing - you can see the level of nesting of code blocks.

But as I said, it's a matter of taste. You either have to strictly define a style, and any deviation from it will cause a compiler error (then everyone gets used to one) or you have to create a custom styler.

Style is a habit of seeing certain phrases.

ZS it's like smoking, until I quit I thought it was impossible,

I thought it was so easy and why did it take me so long?

AlexEro писал(а) >>
Personally I've been writing in C for about 22+ years (it started before "LETI" knew about existence of C language, and I've also written in PL/1, Fortran, assembler, Fox+ etc.). This style of MQL5 is not normal. The branch author's complaint is justified. Just yesterday I posted here a link to PolyStyler that has some samples of ROBOT styles, the style is not present there like in MQL5, but you can tweak it for special perversions with your own hands.

Definitely agree that you should do a customisable style...

But I strongly disagree that MQL5 style is abnormal. By the way, I saw the same or almost the same style (it's hard to remember exactly, because it was many years ago) in my books "How to program in C and C-plus-plus", by the way, the author is an American from some university, one of the first testers of this very C language.

Urain писал(а) >>

It's like smoking, until I quit I thought it was impossible,

I thought it was so easy, why did it take me so long to quit?

+, now the only thing I like to smoke is bongs.

Actually, I did.

Rosh писал(а) >>

Read the Help, because it says it all:

I do the same for all my programs, as in the Help-e. I don't remember where it came from. But it is convenient. And there is no confusion.

TheXpert >> :

+, right now the only smoking thing I welcome is a bong.

Actually, here we go.

I started quitting because I missed a couple of profitable deals because of a smoke break, then I started to feel dissatisfied with myself, then I read Allen Carr's famous "Easy way to quit smoking" and that was it. Now I'm surprised at myself.