decompilation protection - page 4

And the best thing to do is to open a PAM for a working EA and take investments in management)

mpeugep >> :
And the best thing is to open a pamm on a working advisor and take investments in management)

>>)

This is the surest way to both protect intellectual property and make money from it!

Svinozavr >> :

There is also the principle of 'uvei'.

Great idea: as far as I remember, the main thing that 'non-doing', i.e. the epiphany of meditation, achieves is the awareness of the absence of the self and everything connected to it. Profit after that is sort of no longer needed:))))

I am not a programmer, so I don't know if it is possible to program such a protection scheme.

In the code of the program there is an executable file, which is triggered after compilation (after decompilation, the Expert Advisor must be compiled, right?)

To prevent this code from being executed immediately, when you compile your EA for sending or selling, a variable - date, let's say today 27.10.09, set 28.10.09. This executable file triggers only when the date of compilation exceeds the specified variable. Therefore, we protect our EA from premature damage.

In the executable, a task is given (if it is possible, of course) to corrupt the code, such as to remove certain expressions, variables, etc., i.e. "kill" the code so it cannot be used.

I have developed a good Expert Advisor, which I distribute to referrals, and it would be very nice to protect it. If someone composes something (maybe my proposed scheme or something else) - I am ready to finance installation of protection on my EA.

Nail_Saby >> :

I am not a programmer, so I don't know if it is possible to programme such a protection scheme.

Russell's paradox to the rescue

Nail_Saby >> :

>> it's not gonna save you from a "hardcore hacker".

you can put anything you want in the code.

including something like what you've suggested.

(though, of course, from the programmer's point of view, you have written nonsense :))

But the point is that if someone who is qualified to do so

understand the logic of protection, he will sooner or later understand how it (protection) is organized.

They may also realize that a particular part of the code is responsible for the compilation ban

and, consequently, neutralize that part.

---

So, my advice to you is:

If your Expert Advisor is really valuable.

it is better not to give it to anyone

open a PAMM account and attract your referrals as investors

this is the only sure way to keep the system from falling into the wrong hands

---

if you do need to distribute this Expert Advisor

be prepared for the fact that if someone starts making big money with it

sooner or later, "serious people" will be interested in the system

and they will be able to hire "hackers" to break down any protection

This is only possible if you have the MT source code. Then you can be sure that nothing will happen to your EA.

lea >> :

Write a stackable virtual machine in mql4 without code and data separation and different command lengths (i.e. transfer the problem of x86 code decompilation to EA code). Nothing difficult, though, you'll probably have to write a small compiler capable of generating code for the implemented virtual machine (at the same time adding rubbish, changing logic, etc.). It will be much cooler than a heap of non-obvious mql4 code (which we still need to invent).

Yes, write it in Forth.

Protection using a server or signal distribution has one big disadvantage.

It is enough to sign up once, then you can sell these signals on your own behalf. That is, the main objective, the signals, is broken by a small deposit of dough. There is no need to decompile anything.

In short, there is no protection, everything breaks.