Signs of a REAL system - page 17

"So what's this movie about?! It's about nothing! "

("famous parody)")

If you're leaking, you've got the wrong TS. !!

If you're making money - 100% correct !!!

If you are losing 5000 pips against, you are losing 1000 pips of your deposit and you are alive, you are GENIALLY GREAT!!!

Success to Us TRADERS !

ForexTools >> :

it will work out a hundred small trades on the minutes, and only a few big ones on the days. that said, when you have a profitable buy on the days, it doesn't mean you can't take a bite of the profits from selling on the minutes :)

Agreed.

Different depth (amplitude) of the move/opposition :) .

a trawl is useful and a flip is more useful

You forget that the number of sharp ups and downs in a long period of time according to probability theory is almost equal, I mean that fake quid can be as good as loss, but a trawl can break the whole system, closes you a part of the profit and the next time you get a full moose if it does not get to a hawl

I share lea's point of view

hhohholl >> :

"So what's this movie about?! It's about nothing! "

("famous parody)")

If you're leaking, you've got the wrong TS. !!

If you're winning it's 100% correct !!!

If you're losing 5000 pips against, you're down 1000 pips of deposit and you're alive, you're GENIAL !!!

Success to Us traders !

I join in.

I'll add from me - a good system is like a good yacht.

lea >> :

There is an opinion that if a working system becomes widespread, its effectiveness declines).

And this, in my opinion, is the GREATEST misconception

I used to hold such opinion myself in my inexperience, such tales are what greedy traders scare little traders, I mean beginners, when they ask: "I am not a trader and I am a trader with a lot of experience and knowledge.

sol >> :

A good system is like a good yacht, I might add.

If it sinks, we'll still get it ;)

If the system only works on a certain time frame, the system is WRONG.

If the average moose is greater than the average profit, the system is WRONG.

Do you see what this topic is turning into? A discussion of the specifics of individual TSs, trading styles, the usefulness of the stop. We may even get to locks (for crying out loud!)).

The general criteria of rightness or wrongness are clear to everybody, and nobody needs them because of their clarity. And everyone has his own particularities.

Just on the first line of "Anna Karenina". All correct TCs are similar to each other, each wrong TC is wrong in its own way. (Or did he write it? I don't remember anymore...)). I don't mean that the right ones are made the same way, but that there are no critical errors in them. The wrong ones could be anything. Up to and including the Jewish question. We won't be discussing that here, will we?)))

Great. I took the liberty of doing a distillation of the first post:

1. First indication. The system must contain a sound idea, not just a meaningless combination of indicators.
2. Second indication. The system should not depend on a random combination of indicators.
3. third feature. When you create a combination of indicators, most often one indicator is leading and the others are auxiliary. The logic of the system should not change with indicator settings.
4. Fourth feature. A small change of parameters should not change the test results greatly.
5. Fifth feature. The number of tests should lie within reasonable limits.
6. Sixth feature. The number of optimized parameters (both explicit and implicit) should be within a reasonable range.
7. The seventh feature. Part of the graph, on which the system is optimized, should include various variants of market behavior.
8. The eighth criterion. Number of deals on the tested part of the chart should be representative from the point of view of mathematical statistics.