Signs of a REAL system - page 5

I don't get it. Why should I? Who should I?

seriously, i don't get it. why should i? daily cycles. annual cycles. quarterly. intraday. do they have the same pattern? are we talking about a fit or a grail? or what are we talking about?

ForexTools >> :

the lot size is determined by the risk criterion ;)

The lot should be calculated according to this criterion and the size of the stop required by the system(Acceptable Risk Percentage)

I meant the risk of the strategy, if it is implemented in it, for example, the signal filter.

And lot is a separate risk, as well as the trade itself

You know, there is a danger of descending into a description of the ideal advisor. And that, by definition, definitely does not exist - it would be a vicious circle. )))

Svinozavr >> :

You know, there is a danger of descending into a description of the ideal advisor. And that, by definition, definitely does not exist - it would be a vicious circle. )))

This is not yet a proven fact.

RomanS >> :

This is not yet a proven fact.

The market, thank god, is so old that we all can't get it together. but the recipe for 100% successful trading has never been found. so relax - there is no ideal EA. i.e. it can only be ideal if there are certain conditions or limitations (on time, currency, etc.) but that just means it is NOT ideal.

RomanS >> :

It's not a proven fact yet.

))) If you take the meaning of the word 'ideal' in the Platonic sense - proven. All real counsellors are imperfect projections of the ideal in the real world.

Ugh! Why are you getting all philosophical? Bad enough?)))

Svinozavr >> :

You know, there is a danger of slipping into describing the ideal advisor.

Indeed, the danger is very great if you do not take into account the types of systems. After all, probably half, if not more, of the features of the "wrong" system listed here will be true for one type and not for another.

I would distinguish three types of systems:

1. "Rigid systems".

2. "Flexible Systems".

3. "Adaptive systems".

I think it's clear from the type names what these systems are. Maybe a couple more could be added.

Svinozavr >> :

))) If you take the meaning of the word 'ideal' in the Platonic sense - proven. All real counsellors are imperfect projections of the ideal in the real world.

Ugh! Why are you getting all philosophical? Bad enough?)))

- Pardon me. About projections and substances - that's Aristotle. But the concept of ideas is Plato.

Svinozavr >> :

And what was good and showed better somewhere is, well, okay. Or vice versa. Most importantly, not by orders of magnitude - that makes you wary.

Of course not by orders of magnitude. ;)

It's about tens of %% difference perhaps.

Svinozavr >> :

You know, there is a danger of slipping into describing the ideal advisor.

What's the ideal? ;)

We should protect ourselves from the invention of an outright plummer.